Today Curran is 11 months old! The last month has been so fun as we have watched Curran become less like an infant and more like a toddler. She still seems so small to me, so it's kinda funny to see her doing "toddler-like" things, like walking.
Speaking of, she is getting better and better at walking. She is now pretty much walking most places unless she wants to get there quickly, and then she will crawl. She literally got faster overnight...when we got home earlier, I put her down and she spun around 180 degrees and took off! That was something new!
She is very vocal, and one of her new favorite things is to say AHHHHHH very loudly until her breath runs out, and they she will take a quick breath and repeat. She only seems to do it in the car.
She says several words including:
dog
dada/daddy
uh-oh (my personal favorite)
hey
duck
book
The last 3 words are only used very occasionally. She has been saying ma-ma more, and tonight she said it every time she walked towards me, but that was also the first time she had done it, so I'm not sure it's a real "word" yet. When we ask she can identify {by looking at or going to get} her Baby, bottle, and Ladybug {scooter}.
She loves to wave bye-bye, and it is so cute! I tried to post a video a few weeks ago, but the file was too big I guess {after about 14 hrs of trying}. Her wave evolved from an arm flap a few months ago to a quick side to side wave of the hand. My mom says she is practicing her beauty queen wave. Which she can keep on practicing as far as I'm concerned because she'll never be putting that one to good use! :) {no offense if you were a beauty queen, it's just not my cup of tea. but i do enjoy watching Toddlers and Tiaras. :) }
She also gives kisses pretty well. You have to catch her in the right mood though. Lately when we tell her to give a kiss she just presses her forehead against the other person. Still cute, but not quite what we're looking for. She always seems to be willing to give Aunt Chrissy kisses though, usually unsolicited and of the open mouth variety. She also loves to kiss herself in the mirror. We are not short on narcissism in this house! :)
{I started writing this post several days ago, but earlier tonight I told her to go get Baby, and I noticed when she picked her up she started giving her kisses. So I asked, "Are you giving Baby kisses?" And she smiled at me and kept giving Baby more kisses. Then she came over to me and gave me a few. So cute!}
She loves to clap, and she especially loves to be clapped for. She will also clap if she is eating something she likes. She claps during Patty Cake and is figuring out the part of where you roll the dough. It is so cute to watch her try to make her arms go in circles.
Her eating is hit or miss, as I have touched on a time or two. :) I am still nursing, but she is taking formula the majority of the day. Luckily, we have had an easy transition with this. She is really good with a sippy cup, but for right now she is still taking feedings from a bottle. I just use the sippy cup for juice/water, but I think I'm about to start giving her some feedings out of her sippy cup to see how she does. She is also getting pretty good at feeding herself with a spoon, especially if the food item is not runny, like hummus. She tried strawberries for the first time this week and L-O-V-E-S them!! I can't get them cut up and on her stray before she is screaming for them!
She still loves her baths and goes "limp noodle" when I try to get her out of the tub, throwing her arms straight up in the air and slumping her head so I can't grab her under her arms. She plays long after the water has drained out of the tub and would probably stay in there until she froze if we let her.
Her favorite toys are her shopping cart and her ladybug scooter my parents gave her for Christmas. She really loves to dance and bob her head to the music of the grocery cart. And she can push the ladybug around so quickly! She also likes to ride it with John or me pushing her around.
She loves books but mostly just likes to flip the pages and open and close the covers. She doesn't have much patience to sit and let me read to her unless the book is very short. But she loves to pull them off her shelves and carry them around.
I think she weighs about 18 lbs and can still wear some 6-9 mo pj's but mostly 9 and 12 mo clothes. But a lot of her 12 mo clothes are still too big for her. She's a bit of a shrimp, but I think it's cute. :)
My favorite times are when we are playing and she crawls over to my lap for a quick snuggle and then scurries right back off. Or she climbs up me to hug my neck and put her head on my shoulder for a second. It never ceases to make my heart melt and I have to stop myself from squeezing her to death! :)
Ok I think I have reached my smiley face quota on this post, so I will end it now.




3 comments:
First, what a sweet outfit. Love it! Second, what a sweet post. You do such a good job of documenting all her little milestones. I love the baby kiss picture. Cannot believe it's almost been a year since we were e-mailing like mad, lamenting the last days of our prenancies and waiting to bring these little treasures into the world. Happy 11 months to CQ!
What a doll! I second Brooke about the outfit, so cute, as usual! She is doing SO much. I hope Z is doing half that much in 2 months! It's seriously crazy how fast they are growing! She is so stinkin cute!
I agree with Brooke - such a sweet post!!!
Post a Comment