We a had a wonderful Father's Day here in Birmingham! It was nice to just be able to spend time together and not go out of town. When we woke up this morning, Curran and I gave John his presents. She made him a bookmark in the shape of a tie at school, and she also made him a coffee mug with her hand print on it.
The yellow hand print didn't show up as well as I hoped, but it still turned out cute. Thank goodness the girl who worked in the store wrote on it for me, so it didn't look like Curran tried to do it herself {like our Mother's Day gifts}.
We also got him a French press and a book called Bringing Up Girls. I'm sure John won't be able to put it down. :)
A few months ago, John told me that he wanted to play golf somewhere at the beach for his Father's Day present, and although I had already planned what I was going to do, I made him a tee time anyway since he never asks for anything. So over Memorial Day weekend, he and Craig played at Camp Creek.
I took John to brunch this morning while Aunt Chrissy and Uncle Craig babysat Miss C. I hated to not take her with us on Father's Day, but it's really hard to enjoy a meal when you are trying to keep a 10 month old happy, and we did not go to a kid-friendly place. There actually ended up being a lot more kids at the restaurant than I thought, so it kind of made me feel guilty, but I'm glad we were able to enjoy ourselves.
Please excuse Curran's post-nap bedhead.
After Curran's nap this afternoon, we took her to the zoo. It has been 2 months since the last time we went, and Curran was definitely more observant this time.
Looking at the gorilla. Not sure why John looks so angry.
Not sure so about that crocodile.
We saw some new animals...
And rode the carousel for the first time.
She oooohed...
And ahhhhed...
And just generally had a blast!
I am so very thankful for John because he is truly the best daddy to our little girl. I never had a doubt that he would be a wonderful father, but from the day Curran was born, he has loved her with every ounce of his being and has gone above and beyond in his role as her father. He took such good care of both of us following her birth, insisting on getting up with me during the night. We still race each other into her room sometimes to see who can get her first when she wakes up {well, not when she wakes up at 6, but usually when she wakes up later or from her naps :) }. Silly, I know, but I love that he is that excited to see her all the time. I love that she gets so excited to see him when he comes home from work--kicking her legs or bouncing up and down as soon as she sees him. She may still prefer her mama most of the time, but she doesn't like her daddy to be too far away. If he leaves the room, she cranes her neck around to see where he went and fusses until he reappears. I thank God every day that He blessed me with such a loving and generous husband and baby daddy. :)
I am also so very thankful for my dad and father-in-law. They are both incredibly kind and generous, and we would be lost without their guidance. Curran made a coffee mug for her Papa Quinn
But since my dad doesn't drink coffee and loves gadgets, we gave him an electronic key chain with a bunch of photos of Curran on it {thanks for the idea, Aunt Mary!}. We also got my FIL a camera for their computer so we can Skype. So they have had fun with that the past couple of weeks. Now we just have to get my dad's iChat set up so we can see them, too.
Happy Father's Day to all the other papas and grandpapas out there!



3 comments:
The pics on the carousel are beyond cute! Glad y'all had such a wonderful day - Happy Father's Day, John!
So sweet! We saw the peacocks last week and I was certain that they were plotting to attack Harrison. I was bitten by one during pictures on my wedding day and I've been traumatized since! I love the carousel pics, too!
Oh, and we do need to plan a pool day soon. I go back to teaching in one month and I'm so bummed!
Post a Comment