Curran before school on her first day as a Bunny. Don't let the brave face fool you...she was shakin' on the inside.
See?
Life as a bunny has not been easy on poor Curran. When I dropped C off yesterday, her little buddy Patrick was crying while his mom was frantically looking for his pacifier. That got another little girl crying, so when I tried to put C down on the rug next to them she started crying, too. I felt bad leaving the teacher with three crying babies!
When I picked Curran up and asked how she did, they said she did fine as long as she was with Ms. Mary {her teacher from her previous class who is helping them out until she gets a new class of babies in September}. They said C would just smile and be so sweet to them as long as she was close to Ms. Mary, but as soon as one of them tried to get her she would start crying. I asked how she did napping on her cot, and they said she was the second one asleep! So I was very glad to hear that. They said Ms. Mary just sat next to her and rubbed her back while she was falling asleep. I also sent her to school with a lovey and a blanket so she would have something to snuggle with.
Today when I dropped her off, she was the first one there and was happy to see her teacher, but as soon as I put her down she started crying. I felt so bad because we never went through this in her last classroom. {But most of the babies started when they were 3 months old, long before separation anxiety began. } I stood outside the room for a second and I think she quieted down right after I left, but I still felt so bad for her. I know it will just take a while to get adjusted, and I'm sure the teachers are used to it, but it still is not easy.



No comments:
Post a Comment