Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Baby Food Addendum

Ok, so I promise I'm not going to write any more posts about my child's eating habits.

Well, at least not for a while anyway. I shouldn't make promises I can't keep.

But I just wanted to thank everyone who commented on the last post or who wrote me emails. They were so helpful, and this was the best week of eatin' we've had in a long time! However, John did take C to the doctor on Tuesday because I felt like she wasn't quite herself, and she does have another ear infection, so that might also have been contributing to her poor eating.

I also figured out that if she can see and touch whatever I am feeding her {like, have her hand in the bowl while I'm spooning food into her mouth}, she is much more likely to eat it. Who wouldn't want to see and touch what is about to go into her mouth? Duh. I only hate it took me this long to figure it out.

I know the rest of you mamas might think I'm a moron for not realizing that until now, but C has always had the pincer grasp down pat and has never been one to shovel food into her mouth by the fistfuls, so when I fed her pureed things, I just never gave her the chance to touch it. Even though it creates more of a mess, she is much happier now, so therefore I am, too.

I also found some frozen cubes of baby food at Whole Foods that she really likes. They are by Happy Baby and are pureed mixtures of organic chicken, brown rice, and vegetables {one kind has squash and sweet potatoes and the other has greens and peas}. I'll probably start making those mixtures at home now that I know she will eat it.

I just hope this good streak continues because I know the toddler years will probably bring a whole 'nother level of picky-ness!

No comments: