Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day and got to spend it just the way I wanted...relaxing at home with John and Curran! We actually started the Mother's Day celebrations on Thursday when John picked me up from work to take me to lunch. Then he brought me flowers on Friday. Today he gave me a card from him and one from Curran, as well as a gift certificate to a spa. Curran "signed" her card with her hand prints, and I thought it was so cute until I looked down at C's hands and saw that they were still black! I asked John what he used and he brought me the ink pad he got at Hobby Lobby and it said "permanent black ink" in huge letters. We couldn't get it to come off, so she went to brunch looking like she had been digging around in the mud. But it's the thought that counts, right?




I know C's 'do ain't looking too cute. We had taken a bunch of pictures and I had just put C down in her bed for a nap when I looked at the camera and realized John had it on the wrong setting and none of the pictures had turned out. So I picked her up, threw that bow in her hair without really looking, and headed back outside. Maybe one day we'll have a cute pic together.



Her new favorite thing to do is squat while she is playing. That was her Aunt Chrissy's signature pose, too.








Love those rolls! :)

Today was such a special day, and I feel so privileged to be a mother. Curran is truly the greatest gift, and I thank God that He entrusted her to my care. I am so blessed to have had such a wonderful mother, grandmothers, and aunts in my life, and I pray every night that I will be the absolute best mother I can be to my children. I also pray for all who are missing their mamas so very badly today, and everyday.


btw, in case you were wondering, the ink has since faded for the most part. I'm glad it's gone but not sure how I feel about it absorbing into my daughter's skin. The ink said "non-toxic," but still. She'll live, I guess. :)

2 comments:

Lora G said...

I can't decide who C looks like, but she sure is cute! I love the rolls too!

Brooke Maedel said...

Love the squat. M is going to have great quads as much as he squats!