Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, May 31, 2010

10 Months and One Day

We were at the beach this weekend, so I didn't have time to do my usual monthly post on her actual 10 month birthday. And getting any decent pictures is almost impossible these days. We had just gotten out of the car after driving all afternoon, and it was dinner time, so I'm just glad Curran's not screaming bloody murder in these pics.


I probably need to go back and read her 9 month post so I can figure out what all has changed since then so I don't repeat myself. The days just seem to run together lately.



Curran is not walking yet, but she is interested in trying to figure it out. She has still not taken more than one step at a time, but she walks well behind her grocery cart. People always comment about how steady she is on her feet, so they think its funny that she isn't taking more steps. When she is standing, she does look like she could just take off walking, but I guess she isn't comfortable quite yet.



We had a bit of a food strike over the last two weeks, and it was miserable. At first I wasn't sure what was going on, but I think it was because C had some sort of virus that caused sores on her tongue. I took her to the doctor and he said there wasn't anything to do but wait it out. She cried through dinner several nights, and she pretty much refused all food and only drank 1-2 oz from her bottles. And John was out of town during most of it, so it was r-u-f-f! In the last day or so she seems to have really turned around, thank goodness! This all coincided with the formula supplementation, so although she never drank more than 2 ozs, she seemed to not mind the formula too much. She has actually started nursing more frequently within the last couple of days, so that has been a nice surprise.


Last Thursday was Curran's last day in the Baby Chicks class at school. We had an End of the Year Party in her classroom Thursday afternoon, and the kids got some sweet gifts from the teachers, including a photo album of pictures throughout the year. So I enjoyed getting to see those. I had to fight back the tears when we were saying goodbye to her teachers {by now y'all know that I don't do well with change}. Her teachers just know her so well, and I really grew to love and trust them. I know I will feel the same way about her new teachers in no time, but I'm still going to miss the old ones a lot! So tomorrow marks C's first day as a Baby Bunny!

7 comments:

Lora G said...

Her hair looks like it has highlights in it! It's beautiful. Sorry about the food strike. That sounds miserable, but she seems happy despite it.

Sarah Denley said...

She's looks adorable, per her usual! What is the smocking on her dress? Little birds? I can't tell since she's so...active!

AP still isn't walking by herself. We've decided she is lazy and just wants us to carry her everywhere!

I know having Curran in "school" isn't your ideal, but y'all are so, so very blessed to have her in a place where you love and trust the people!

Brooke Maedel said...

Hope the Baby Bunny did well on her first day. MKM won't move up until August, which I'm so happy about...few more weeks for him to be the baby I still want him to be!

Let's please plan in some play time for the kids this weekend, if possible!

Brooke said...

Awww! How precious she is. Sweet little baby bunny!! I'm glad she is feeling better too. Perry is feeling the repercussions of his one year old shots (they hit 1-2 weeks after administered) and he is now running a fever from them. :( I know how helpless you can feel when you have a sick baby.

Mary Louis Quinn said...

SD, the smocking is birds. I got it from Remember Nguyen. They have great deals on clearance items, and really their regularly priced stuff isn't bad at all. You should check out their website.

Brooke Maedel, we definitely need to get the babes together this weekend! I'll email you!

Brooke Murphree, I hope Perry is feeling better by this weekend!!

Mary Louis Quinn said...

Lora, I just looked at the pictures to see what her "highlights" looked like...I think those are just her bald spots peaking through! haha! Her hair may be getting longer, but it is still so thin, po' thang! :)

Sarah Denley said...

HAHA! A friend just told me about the website (which, did you know the brand is pronounced "Remember When?)and I ordered a bunch of stuff. I was actually planning on doing a PSA on my blog about it, ha!