Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, May 7, 2010

9 Month Checkup

I took Curran to the doctor today for her 9 month appt. She weighs 17 lbs, 5 oz {25th percentile} and is 17 1/4 in long {50th percentile}. I was a little worried that she hasn't been gaining as much weight lately, but the doctor said not to worry about it since she is eating well. She said she will probably just be smaller since I am on the small side, and that she doesn't want her to gain a bunch of weight at this point.

The dr gave us the go ahead to start more table foods: meats, eggs, yogurt, cheese, etc. We also talked about how to start supplementing with formula in the next few weeks. I have a whole 'nother post about that topic, so get ready. :)

She had to get a finger prick to check her hematocrit, and she did great and didn't even flinch! I was so proud of her because I stick adults' fingers all day long and some can be pretty big weenies. :) I personally hate to get my finger pricked. Her hematocrit was at the low end of normal, so our dr wants us to start a multivitamin with iron once a day.

They also checked her vision with some kind of light test, but we don't know the results of that yet. It was optional because insurance doesn't pay for it, but I figured I would go ahead and do it.

And as of today, Curran can now go from sitting to standing without holding onto or pulling up on anything. She has been working on it all week and finally got the hang of it today. I feel like it won't be too much longer before she takes her first step or two, but now that I've said that it will probably be a few more months. :)





"Look Mama...no hands!"





Going grocery shoppin'

I got her this grocery cart walker thingy today and she loves it! I could hardly get her to look at me to take a picture. She was more interested in playing with the "groceries" than trying to walk with it, but she's probably a little too unstable to walk with it just yet anyway.

2 comments:

Sarah Denley said...

Well, this post made me a little insecure. AP still won't stand unassisted (she was a LITTLE late sitting unassisted, too). I know she is on track (she takes steps behind her walker and "cruises" between pieces of furniture), but it's so hard not to compare her to other babies her age (and younger!).

I'm on pins and needles waiting for the formula post....you know what a big deal that was for me!

Mary Louis Quinn said...

SD, do not be insecure! Babies do things at their own pace, and they all figure things out eventually! But I compare, too, and I know it's hard not to feel a little competitive (I am super competitive...maybe to a fault :)...so I am always having to remind myself that these baby milestones are not a big deal in the big scheme of things). Some babies are speed demon crawlers, but Curran has just never really been interested in crawling. She would rather be upright. So all babies are different.

I am working on the formula post...I haven't started supplementing yet, but it is only a matter of days or weeks at the most. :(