Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day Followup


John read my post about Mother's Day and made a comment about me always poking fun at him, so let me just follow that post up by saying this:

I was touched by everything John did to make my first Mother's Day so special! {Well, really I consider it my second Mother's Day since I was pregnant last year, and we did indeed celebrate then, but it's my first with my little babe here on this earth.} He put a lot of thought into the cards as he made several stops around town trying to figure out where he could buy an ink pad. :) He makes me feel special and loved every day, not just on Mother's Day. He tells me often that I am a good mother and thanks me for taking care of him and the babe. He knows that I would be lost without him, but I thought I would make sure of all you knew that too! :)

{Now he'll read this and say, "You really didn't hurt my feelings. You know I don't care...", but I wanted to make sure you all know I'm kidding when I tease him.}

And I also forgot to mention that for Mother's Day Curran made me a precious potholder and picture for the fridge at school. I don't want her to think I didn't appreciate it! :)

On another note {you know I always like to throw these asides in there :) }, as of last Thursday work has successfully blocked all blogs that have 'blogspot' in the URL address. Yes, that would be 99% of the ones I read. I can still access some of the "bigger" blogs that are just SoandSo.com with no blogspot in there. But no pictures show up, so what is the fun of that?? These people are trying to ruin my life, I tell ya. Or make me concentrate on work. Either way, I am not happy about it. And ok, I would be telling a teeny lie if I said the only time I checked blogs is while I'm pumping or on my lunch break. But in my defense, I have the type of job where there is occasionally some down time. I see patients, chart, see patients, chart, enter lab work in the computer, and the cycle repeats. So once I'm caught up with all that, there isn't anything else to do. It's not like there is other work to catch up on. SO, I need my blogs back!!!

Or maybe I have a problem that I need to address?? It's just that I like to read blogs at work so I don't have to spend my precious time at home reading them. I know, I know I don't have to read them. But, well, yes I do! Many people have addictions: some like Facebook, some of the more illicit nature. But mine is blog stalking. Sigh.

Enough about that. Here are some pictures from the last couple of days, because what fun would any blog be without pictures?


Mid sneeze

The facial expression in the next 3 pics seems to be a common one these days...




Getting into her toy bin.






Asleep in the stroller. I was trying to keep the sun out of her eyes. :)

3 comments:

Brooke Maedel said...

I always ask Mitchell if he forgot to put in his dentures when he bites on his bottom lip. Love it!

Brooke said...

Hey! I have JUST gotten into the blogging world and I LOVE it!! I have searched for all of my friends and, low and behold, I found you and Miss Curran!! I suppose I could be considered a blog stalker too... We won't dwell on that. ;) Hope ya'll have a GREAT rest of the week... PS- Perry had teal hands from his "signature" this weekend also. Gotta love those new daddies!!

Mary Louis Quinn said...

I'm so glad you found my blog!! And I'll be sure to add yours to my list! Blogging is SO fun but addicting (as you can tell in my post :) ). And you're not a blog stalker since we are friends! Believe me...I stalk plenty o' blogs of people I don't even know!