I know you so desperately want to know what Miss C is up to these days...
*She is still sleeping great at night, usually 11-12 hrs. I usually start getting her ready for bed around 6:30, but now that it is still light out at that time, she has been staying up a little later. It's nice to be able to go for a quick walk when I get home from work. She usually wakes up between 6 and 7, some days a little later. Naps, on the other hand, are hit or miss. Some days she takes several 1-2 hour long naps. Other days she'll go down for 30 minutes or so in the morning and refuses to go down in the afternoon. That's usually when I decide to run errands or go on a walk because she will usually fall asleep then.
*She is doing pretty well with her solid foods. She is eating them 3 times a day: usually cereal and/or fruit in the morning, fruit around lunchtime, and cereal plus a vegetable or two at night. I am still making all of her vegetables, and she likes sweet potatoes, carrots, squash, and green beans. She will only eat peas if they are mixed in with her cereal, and even then she usually only takes a few bites. I have been giving her store-bought fruits because some days she likes things, but other days she doesn't, and I think most fruit is best fresh and not frozen/thawed. Plus that's what I send her to school with, so it's just easier to send the jars. She will eat apples {her favorite}, pears {sometimes}, bananas {sometimes}, peaches, blueberries, apricots, and prunes. I have given her Gerber puffs a couple of times, but she doesn't seem to like the taste of them. Or maybe it's the texture she's not used to. She always makes a disgusted face, but then she'll put another one in her mouth. Go figure. She recently added a new tooth to her collection to bring the grand total to three on the bottom.
*She can get herself into a sitting position and is always so proud of herself. She bounces up and down and sticks her arms up in the air and expects you to clap for her...it's adorable! Although now she likes to sit up in her crib and play {pull on the bumpers} when she is supposed to be sleeping, and then she gets frustrated because she is so tired but won't lie down. As I mentioned the other day, she is very close to crawling. She is also trying to pull up on things. She has been able to stand up in the bath tub for a while now, so we finally said goodbye to the infant tub this week. Tear. Last night she had her first bath sitting in the tub like a big girl. The bath seats won't fit in our tub because it's too narrow, so I just bought a non-skid mat for her to sit on. She did really well, although I was slightly nervous and was scared to take my hand off of her.
*Her growth has slowed down a bit, and she is still wearing a lot of 6 mo clothes. Some of her pajamas are 9 mo, and in dresses she can wear 9 mo although the sleeves are a little long. Pretty much all of her summer clothes are 12 mo so I hope they will fit!
*She still likes playing in her exersaucer for short periods of time. She loves the jumper for short periods of time as well. Basically her attention span is non-existent so she gets bored easily. She does enjoy sitting on the floor with her toys all scattered around her so she can move from one to the other. She has a baby doll that she seems to really like, although she always scratches at the doll's face, so I'm trying to teach her to be gentle with it. :) She continues to love to stroll, for which I am very thankful, especially now that the weather is getting nicer. Her new love is swinging, so I am excited to put one in the tree in our front yard.
*She "talks" and squeals/screams non-stop, and has been saying a lot of ma-ma-ma's lately! A few times she has actually said it in appropriate situations: one time my sister was holding her and I left the room, and C looked in the direction I went and said mamama. Another time she was sitting on my bed while I was getting ready and started fussing for me to pick her up. She was looking at me with her arms up saying mamama in a whiny voice, and I kind of wanted to leave her there just a minute longer so she would keep saying it! :) There have been a few other times when she looks at me intently and makes the mmmm sound. I'm sure these were just coincidences but it's still fun nonetheless!
*She is getting pretty good at waving. Well, it's more arm flapping, but she mostly does it at the appropriate time. They are working really hard on this at school, and when we tell the teachers goodbye at the end of the day, they get kind of tookie with me if I forget to move C's arm up and down as we're saying bye bye. :)
*She still prefers her mama, which I am relishing every second of because I know that will change before too long. She does love her daddy and gets so excited every time he comes home or when she sees him first thing in the morning. She makes this excited cooing/ooohing sound that just makes me want to gobble her up! She also really loves her Aunt Chrissy and gets so excited to see her unlike she does with anyone else. It makes my heart happy to see that! I know how much her Aunt Chrissy loves her, so I'm glad the feeling is mutual!
These next two pictures were taken when John walked into the room last night when he got home from work.
Curran is just as cute and funny as she can be, and she makes every day so fun and exciting! God certainly knew what he was doing when he placed her in our lives!
Happy 8 months, Miss C!
The bed might not be such a good place to take the monthly pictures anymore. While I was taking this shot, Curran got a little excited and started bouncing up and down and proceeded to tumble right off the bed. Luckily I was able to catch her as she rolled off the side, but it made my heart stop for a second or two.



3 comments:
We have that baby einstien music toy she's holding in some of the pics. It entrances Mitchell, which is very rare these days. I'll take anything that will occupy him for longer than 30 seconds! Such sweet pictures of C! Happy 8 months!
Such a fun post! The pictures are great,and I love her smile. Zayd has started greeting Nick with a big ol smile too!
As for books, I think Superfoods is another one that is supposed to be a good starter. I didn't buy that one, but the top 100 purees has some good simple recipes in it. Whole foods for the whole family (Lair) has some adventurous recipes in it, but it includes whole ingredients and they are meals you can make for yourselves and either puree for baby or take an ingredient or 2 out of and puree for baby. I think that is neat, because we want to start cooking more now that Zayd is eating. Hungry Monkey is a good combo and a good read. He talks about his daughter and foods they ate, then gives recipes. There are some adventurous recipes in there too. I obviously went a little crazy on Amazon, but I think I still got all three for like 30 bucks. Okay, sorry for all the info. Are you still liking the babycook? I'm going to try it this weekend.
Brooke, Curran LOVES that toy! It is my go-to any time she starts getting bored or fussy. That was one of her xmas presents from the Quinns.
Lora, thanks for the reading tips. I am definitely going to check those books out. And yes, I still love the babycook! I use it several times a week and it makes things so simple. The only thing I don't like is that you have to stand there and hold down the button to puree the food. You can't just turn it on and walk away. But I still love it!
Post a Comment