Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 13, 2010

WaterBabies

This morning Curran and I had our first WaterBabies class at Brookwood. We are in the class with lots of the girls I did my prenatal swim class with and two of my college friends, so it was lots of fun! The only not fun thing is that is meets at 8:00 am every Saturday morning for 6 weeks. I used to be a punctual person before Miss C came along, but now I struggle to get anywhere on time. I had to wake her up at 7 this morning {normally she wakes up between 5:30 and 6:30 but of course this morning when we actually had to get up, she decided she wanted to sleep late}, and she looked at me like I was crazy and started whining majorly. I caught a glimpse into the teenage years and it wasn't pretty.

But she had fun in class and I had a good time too. Until her little lips started quivering and turning blue {the pool was heated but it started to feel cold after being in there for a while}. The point of the class is to start teaching the babies how to kick, how to blow bubbles, and to help them get familiar with the side of the pool. C wasn't as into the kicking as she was into chewing on her water toy {we had to bring a bath toy from home}. A lot of the dads came to take pictures, and a few of them got in. John came to take some pics before he went to work.


It was really hard to get her to look at the camera. There were too many cute boys in bathing suits.






She wasn't very into the kicking...she just liked floating and letting me do all the work. Smart cookie.





We had to put the toy out in front of them so they could learn to reach out for it. She aced that part. Must-get-toy-to-mouth!







I hid the toy behind my back trying to get her to smile for the camera, but she found something else to put in her mouth.



1 comment:

Sarah Denley said...

So precious! I used to teach swimming lessons at a place that was open year around like this. Just to let you know....my swimsuit was TOTALLY faded after about three hours and I had to just go buy a cheap ugly one until my special (made of Titanium?) one game in. It's because they had to keep the chlorine so high during the "sick months" (it will destroy your skin, too, so make sure to lube her up before (if they allow it) AND after with some petroleum jelly (lotion won't help that much).

Anyway, y'all probably won't be doing that much swimming, but I just had to tell you cause both of your suits are so cute!

My parenthesis usage is out of control!