She had it on one day when we went to eat at Another Broken Egg one day. It was really crowded, so I was walking her around so she wouldn't get fussy. As we walked by an older gentleman, he stopped us.
Man: "Oh he is so precious! How old is he?"
Me: "She is almost 4 months old."
Man: "Oh look {to his wife}, he is just so cute! He's a big fella, isn't he?" {this was when she was a little chunkier}
Me: "Yes, she is."
Man to me as we walked outside: "Don't let him catch a cold!"
I mean, do you not hear me? Ok, I will let it slide this time since he is elderly.
Then when we were picking out the Christmas tree, C was wearing the same outfit, and a younger man commented on how cute he was. John was holding her at the time, so I just think he said "thanks" and walked off. Who knows. Notice she had a pink pacifier clip, too.
Ok, so maybe the outfit's not bright pink, but still.
I had the first picture above on my bulletin board at work until yesterday {I switched it out for a more recent one}. And remember that patients come to my desk. Most people thought she was a boy when they saw that picture. They would always say, "Is that your little boy? He's such a happy baby!" I don't get it...to me it's obvious that the outfit is pink, despite the fact that the gray looks black. Why would I dress a boy in pink? Now I will go ahead and say that if I ever have a boy, I'm sure he will get mistaken for a girl because I will have him in all kinds of cute smocked outfits! :)
I think I am sensitive about it because I was called a boy so much growing up. It's not because I had a bowl cut {THANK YOU, Mom!!}, but I was a major tomboy and kept a baseball hat on my head for several years.
And maybe also because I dressed like this for one Halloween:
Here's a closer look. Yes, that's me on the left. I loved my Ole Miss uniform. I got tickled when I found this picture, particularly at Chris. I love her facial expression and that she's holding onto her tail. And I guess I thought I needed to pose like I was in a team picture.
You guessed it...that's me on the left in a Transformers costume my dad made me. It was very cool, but I could not turn my head with that helmet on. It was a tight squeeze. My parents still have that costume in their attic.
Next I will have to find some pictures of me in my beloved baseball hats.






2 comments:
OMG, I'm dying over the transformers costume! Hilarious! ... and NO, Curran does not look like a boy! People are crazy.
Z gets called a girl a lot too. Nobody ever knows how to respond when I tell them his name either, they're like... oh... then they just nod. haha, so obvious.
Anyway to the teeth question. I would say 18 months at the earliest, but as long as everything is okay, you can wait until 2 and 1/2 or 3.
Post a Comment