Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, March 1, 2010

7 Months Old

I would start off this post like I always do..."Today Curran is 7 months old!" but that is not exactly the case since it's March 1st, not February 30th, so I don't really now how to start this post off. Except by that sentence y'all just read. So on we go! 

It doesn't seem like too much has changed since Curran's 6 month bday, except she is wilder, louder, and feistier. She is still sleeping like a champ, usually 11 hours a night. But of course now that I said that I probably jinxed myself, so I better go find some wood to knock on. She is sleeping more on her stomach, which kinda freaks me out even though I know it's ok at this age. She is not close to crawling (I don't think) but will tuck her knees under herself and acts like she really wants to go somewhere but then flattens back out on her stomach. She loves scratching (on accident) and punching (on purpose...j/k) people in the face (is it too early to start teaching her the word "no"...I have a few battle wounds from this weekend). She loves squealing, talking, and making farting noises with her mouth (she is a 5 year old boy's dream) all day long. She still loves her baths and has started to stand up in the tub (with me holding onto her for dear life of course), so I think it's time to get rid of the infant tub. She eats really well: usually rice cereal twice a day plus a fruit and vegetable. I haven't really come across anything she doesn't like except maybe peas. I still haven't made any baby food yet...maybe I'll get around to that sometime this week. She loves her exersaucer (especially when she hits it hard enough to make one of the gadgets play music), her johnny jumper, and going on walks. She still only has two bottom teeth, but the biting is becoming more and more of a problem, if you know what I mean. Not sure what to do about that. Anyway, she rarely cries these days and is just generally happy and so much fun to be around. I am loving every minute with her, and I can't wait to see what the next few months bring our way!




It's getting harder to keep her away from that piece of paper...









Today Curran rode in the grocery cart (not in her carseat) for the first today. I wasn't sure how it would go and haven't been anxious to try because she is always very content in her carseat and usually sleeps. I have been afraid that if I let her sit in the cart she would be squirming and reaching for things constantly. But she did great today! She just sat there calmly and looked around and held onto my grocery list. My little babe is growing up! :)


I had a hard time getting her to look at me...there were too many other interesting things to see.





Curran was excited in this picture because she just found out that her daddy is now a CPA! I am so proud of him and beyond thrilled that those tests are over and done with!!!! This has been a tough year with a lot going on, and John really worked hard to focus on passing those tests. He took one the week before my due date, one when the baby was only a couple of weeks old, and the rest in the past couple of months. It has been hard on me to have him at the library or busy studying when I need his help, but it is all worth it now! 

3 comments:

Erin Stephenson said...

Yay for John - that is a great accomplishment!

Emily Ferris said...

Congrats to John! I know you're ALL thrilled! ... and Curran looked so cute in the grocery cart!

Lora G said...

Interesting predicament with the birthday thing. She is looking cuter every day! Also interesting teeth predicament, zayd already clamps down with his gums on occasion. Congrats to John, I've heard horror stories about how hard that exam is. Y'all will have to celebrate with C!