Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Spring

Spring has sprung at our house...

Tulips just make me so happy! Too bad these were a little rough. Normally the Western has pretty good flowers, but not so much this time.

I got these cherry tree branches from Christopher and Craig's yard (although Craig was being kind of stingy and acted like he didn't want to cut them down for me :)  ). Love them (the branches and Chris & Craig, that is)!




Just out for a stroll in the gorgeous weather! She looks thrilled, doesn't she?




This was on Saturday after the chili cookoff. I wish I had gotten a better picture of C's dress (she was too busy watching the dog play). I got it at a consignment store for $12! You can't see it too well in the picture, but it's corduroy with farm animals smocked at the top. I'll be honest...I can be a snob sometimes. And second-hand clothes are one of those things I can be a snob about. I think it's the germ-a-phobe in me, but sometimes it grosses me out to think about putting C in clothes someone else (who I don't even know) wore, even though they are washed. But I am getting over it, especially when I find good deals like this. And I have another consignment purchase that I'm excited about for this spring and summer.



3 comments:

Brooke Maedel said...

So sad I didn't get to see y'all :(. M had a meltdown around 1 and we had to leave. Funnily enough, he had on a cute smocked outfit that I got at a consignment sale that day too. His was brand new with tags still on when I got it. Of course I still washed it before then anyway!

Mary Louis Quinn said...

I know, I hate we missed y'all, too! I don't think we even got there until 1:30, though. It's hard to get anywhere on time these days! :)

C's outfit had the manufacturer's tag on it, too, but I was confused by that, especially since it was so cheap. Maybe it was never worn...who knows.

Lora G said...

I know what you mean. That dress is precious! I have tried the consignment thing, but I can't get past that smell. I prefer deep discounted out of season purchases from stores. Sorry we missed you guys too. I think we were gone by the time yall got there. It was like a BSC reunion!