My mom called me the other night and said, "Is there something you forgot to tell me?" So I was racking my brain trying to think of what I could have forgotten: it wasn't her birthday, it wasn't her anniversary (not that she would have cared about that), but I couldn't come up with anything. So I told her I didn't know what she was referring to. She said, "Mrs. W came up to me at church and said she heard you were expecting another baby and were due in October. I replied, "Well that's news to me!" My mom obviously knew I wasn't pregnant but got a good laugh out of it. I mean, how in the world do rumors like that get started? I hope I don't look pregnant! :)
In other news, I should never have said anything about Curran's sleep in my post on Monday. Of course, Monday night she woke up screaming several times, and we both had a rough night. Tuesday, the school called and said she had a temp of 100.4 and was lethargic and not acting like her self. Lethargic is not a word that is ever used in the same sentence with my daughter's name, so I knew she must be feeling bad. Last night her temp was 100.5 so I called the doctor, and they told us to come in today. We had to wait for an hour in the waiting room and luckily Curran behaved because I was about to go stir crazy. The dr told me that Curran had an ear infection (which I figured) and gave us a prescription for amoxicillin. This is her first ear infection and first antibiotic, so hopefully she'll tolerate it ok. The dr said her ear didn't look terrible, but that it was definitely red and with her being sick for as long as she has been (6 weeks!) and with the low grade fevers, she needed some medicine. I am not one to encourage antibiotic use (or over-use), but I am hoping this will help C get over this crud for good. She said to make sure she got plenty of fluids, so I just gave her an ounce of apple juice mixed with an ounce of water, and she sucked it right down. I just let her taste juice for the first time last week and she only took a few sips then. So I was surprised that she just drank two ounces so quickly. Hopefully she'll be on the mend soon, and we'll be back at work and school tomorrow.
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Okay, here is the deal: the baby needs ALL the bubblegum to get well so fight the urge to drink it yourself and definitely don't let your hubby sample it!
Haha, yeah when I opened the bottle yesterday I got a whiff of the bubblegum and it brought back all kinds of memories! I used to love that stuff! :)
Post a Comment