Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 31, 2009

5 months old





*Normally I would put Curran in at least a semi-cute outfit for her monthly photo shoot, but I got home from work late last  night, Curran had just woken up from a nap and was acting like she didn't feel well, and this is what she looked like after her daddy had kept her all day (a seperate post on that later). And her shirt is appropriate for John's busy tax season which begins next week.

Aunt Chrissy took the photos below when she watched Curran for a few hours yesterday morning. She doesn't like the way I part C's hair (her natural part, I might add), so she tries to part it the opposite direction. It just makes it look like a greasy mess to me. Plus she has a few of those long hairs that will soon be hanging in her eyes.







~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well another month has come and gone very quickly! Here is what Curran has been up to lately:

She has two bottom teeth that are now all the way in. As far as I can tell, there are no new ones on the horizon. She is still not rolling over (I blame myself) but almost has several times but then rights herself quickly. She is getting good practice at sitting up though. She can usually sit unassisted for several seconds before launching herself backwards. She can sit upright in the bathtub by holding onto the sides, so it's getting a little bit easier to bathe her. But I'm afraid she is going to be the one year old who can walk but can't roll over, so I'm trying to work with her on it.

She "talks" all the time, and loves to hear her voice. However, she has recently discovered screaming so now she makes the most awful noises when she wants something and we don't move fast enough. It does make me laugh, but it gets annoying quickly! She has also started making that motorboat (is that what you call it???) noise with her mouth, which is pretty cute. She has started doing this weird thing with her mouth where she pulls both her lips in and looks like an old man without his dentures. It cracks me up everytime. I guess it is her way of checking out her new toofs. She still puts everything in her mouth, and her new favorite thing to do when anyone picks her up is reach up to touch their face and mouth. She loves holding onto her feet all day long, and she is this close to getting them in her mouth. Diaper changes are getting very difficult because she kicks her legs as hard as she can, and when she's not kicking, she holds onto her feet and refuses to let go.

Here she is checking out Aunt Chrissy's grill.


I think she had had enough of Uncle Craig. (j/k Craigers...your niece luvs ya!)


She is still very social although I think she is starting to get slightly weary of strangers. My sister got glasses a few weeks ago, and she came over and picked Curran up, and C immediately started screaming. She was fine once Chris took the glasses off. This is not related, but kind of cute nonetheless. When we were at the beach a few weeks ago, Christopher wrapped her arms around me and kind of squeezed me roughly, and I guess Curran thought she was hurting me and she started crying. It was cute. Not cute that we made her cry, but cute that she loves me so (It could have been purely coincidence but we chose to see it as her protection over her mama). She definitely prefers me over John, which I secretly (or not so secretly) love! :) He kinda gets a little jealous, but I have told him over and over that in the not-so-distant future she will be all about him and want nothing to do with me. So I'm enjoying this while it lasts!

She is still nursing (or taking a bottle, you know what I mean) exclusively with an occasional rice cereal thrown in there. She usually goes to sleep at about 6:30 or 7:00 very easily, but she is still not sleeping through the night. C has decided that she loves to visit during the early morning hours, and will cry to get me out of bed and then be happy as lark as soon as I peek over her crib. Some nights I let her cry it out, but some nights I bring her to our room, depending on how tired I am. Lately it has been the latter, which still means I get no sleep, so I'm not sure why I'm doing it. She usually goes to sleep with a lovey tucked under each arm. The first night I gave her one, John came out of her room with tears in his eyes. I asked him what was wrong, and he said "I can't believe how big she is getting. It's so cute how she has her arm wrapped around that thing." It was so sweet.

These last 5 months have been the most incredible of my life, and we are so blessed to have this sweet little person in our lives! Whenever I get sad that she is growing up, I think about her next milestones and get even more excited about the new things she will be learning every day!


**Note- I wrote this post a couple of days ago, and Curran did in fact roll over for the first time today! I was telling my mom how C was so close to doing it last night, and I put her on her stomach and she rolled right on over like she had been doing it forever. Of course, she hasn't repeated herself since, but at least it's a move in the right direction!

2 comments:

Emily Ferris said...

Haha, LOVE the Tax Exemption onesie! Happy New Year!
love,
Emily

Lora G said...

What a sweetie she is! I love how they are in such a good mood first thing in the morning, but it's a little harder to love when you are dead tired! I bet when she starts taking the solids better, maybe at 6 months, she will start sleeping better, that's what my nephew is doing. He sleeps better now than he ever has, and he's eating solids regularly (almost 7 months). By the way, her hair reminds me a lot of Zayd's, and I am all about the part.