Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 3, 2009

One year ago today...

I found out I had a bun in the oven. I didn't even remember, but John reminded me of it this morning. I had planned on taking a home test when I woke up that morning, so the night before I was anxious and my dreams were filled with pregnancy tests. It was weird. I woke up early that morning and snuck into the bathroom thinking that John was still asleep. But when I emerged John was wide awake looking at me waiting on the answer. I just knew it was going to be negative, so I was in complete shock to see a positive test! We weren't planning on having a baby then, so I was in utter disbelief. And not to reveal anything that's TMI, but I didn't think it was even possible for me to get pregnant at the time, or at least very, very unlikely. I was taking the test pretty much to make sure it was negative before I called the doctor about my issues. But low and behold, God had other plans.

I had a nervous feeling in my stomach all morning waiting on the doctors' office to open so I could go in for blood work. I called and they said they usually just go by a positive home test. I said, "No, you don't understand. This isn't possible. I want it confirmed by blood work." So I went in to the doctor, and they confirmed that I was almost 6 weeks along. I think the shock lasted for a few more weeks. We were excited but never could have anticipated the blessing that Curran is to us!

And here we are a year later with a four month old! It's crazy how life turns out sometimes.

2 comments:

Brooke Maedel said...

I'm not sure of the date, but I know I found out on the Thursday night before the first weekend in December, so it was a year ago for me too. How fast time flies!

Anonymous said...

Mary Louis, what a wonderful memory for all of us. Look at the big smile on that sweet little girl's face, and I'll just bet her handsome daddy doesn't mind at all that she favors him a little. It just makes me happy to see you all. Ann Harkins