I took Curran to the mall on Monday to have her (first of many) picture taken with Santa. I figured this year would go pretty smoothly since she does not have a fear of strangers yet, and it did. But she was very serious. She had the most blank stare on her face until I went and stood next to the photographer. Then we got a few smiles. Unfortunately the pictures I took on my camera were blurry, and I didn't realize they don't let you pick which photo you want to buy. They just have it printed out for you by the time you pay. But it turned out ok. I decided I want to get a photo album and put the Christmas card on one page and the annual photo with Santa on the other side so it will be an easy way to look back at all the years.
My mom made us get our photo taken with Santa every year. When we were little, I was scared of Santa (and the Easter Bunny, Chuck E. Cheese, pretty much all characters) so there are several years where just Christopher and Walter were sitting on Santa's lap. Mom made us go until we graduated high school. And yes, we complained every year, and every year she would say that all she wanted for Christmas was a picture with us and Santa. Freshman year in high school, we were waiting in line to see Santa, and the cutest boy in the school came up and said, "Oh are you going to sit on Santa's knee?" or something to that effect. Actually I think I conveniently managed to sneak off while Chris and Walt held our spots in line (you know how memories are...Chris' may as well be mine and vice-versa, so now I don't remember if I was there or not). But needless to say, we were mortified, so the complaining got louder and louder every year thereafter. I think when you are old enough to drive yourself to the mall to get your picture made, then you are too old to be seeing Santa. But try telling that to my mother.
* Sorry for the way the photo scanned in and is taking up so much space.
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
The Chuck E. Cheese characters STILL scare me.
Presh picture of Curran! Merry Christmas!
Adorable pic!! (Also, please post some of you and C with Santa...preferably the high school years! That is hilarious!)
That is hilarious. I would love to see a few of those pictures on here. Curran looks so sweet on santa's lap. I would say that was a big success!
what a precious picture!! love that smile!
merry christmas!!
love,
emily
Post a Comment