Curran tried rice cereal for the first time about three weeks ago. I wasn't really sure that she was ready for solids, but I was really sure that I was ready for her to try them, hoping that the extra calories would help her sleep through the night. Well, not so much. I think she woke up about every hour that first night. And now several weeks later it still hasn't helped her sleep longer. Oh well. Maybe one day. She still is not really a fan of the cereal. No matter the consistency, when she gets it on her tongue it's like she doesn't know what to do with it. At first she made the most disgusted faces, which really cracked me up, but of course every time I tried to take a picture she would just stare blankly at the camera. She tolerates it a little better now but not much. I have tried mixing it with apple juice yesterday, and now she actually opens her mouth for a bite instead of me having to shove it in there, so I think she likes the juice. I think I'm going to wait awhile before introducing any fruits or vegetables though.
And if I can get my act together I'm going to post about Christmas.



5 comments:
She is so adorable! I LOVE the faces she makes. I think the solids are helping my sister's baby (he's like a month older than C). She just told me that he slept 12 hours the other night, and she thought it was from the solids, because he's not a great sleeper. I'll ask her for details and let you know if she's doing anything in particular.
ML, I have the same experience with Mitchell. He's been on them for 2 weeks now and I can barely get him to eat 3 bites before he starts pitching a fit. I have tried it really thin in a bottle (hated that), with juice (although prune/apple combo, maybe just apple would go over better), with BM only, etc. He's just not eating enough for me to feel like it is going to impact his sleep in any way! I'm so ready for more than 5 hours between feedings! :)
C's only eating about 2-3 Tbsp and I think we are supposed to work our way up to 4. I have been mixing it with only apple juice and heating it up in the microwave for about 10-12 seconds, and she seems to like it more that way. I am just so tired and ready for some sleep!!
I am going to try that!
Tonight she took 5 Tbsp and acted like she enjoyed it! We'll see if the increased amount does anything for her sleep!
Post a Comment