Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Weekend Trip

To celebrate our 30th birthday, Craig and John took Christopher and I to New Orleans this past weekend. Well actually, it would be more accurate to say that Chris and I planned the whole weekend and the boys were just along for the ride. :) We originally planned on going to New York or some place further away, but we could never agree on a place. Then we found out Chris was pregnant, so we figured going some place closer to home would be better.

So Thursday after work, we headed to Jackson to drop C off at my parents' house. We spent the night there and left Friday morning for New Orleans. I had a moment in the Starbucks on the way out of town where I teared up thinking about leaving C, but it passed quickly. John and I have never been away from her together {I have been away 3 nights total: my friend Morgan's birthday trip to New Orleans last year, and my friend Prim's bachelorette party in April; and John has been away for various work trips and bachelor parties}, so I knew we REALLY needed this time away. And it was amazing how different I felt without having the constant stress and worry that comes with caring for an active toddler. I was actually nice and loving {gasp} to John, and we didn't snap at each other at all, except for maybe when I did a little back-seat driving. :) It was definitely a much needed getaway for us!

The whole weekend was basically devoted to eating and shopping, just like we like it. Friday when we got into town we headed straight to lunch at Herbsaint. We all enjoyed it! Friday night we ate at Domenica that is located in the hotel where we stayed {The Roosevelt}. We enjoyed it, too, except that I thought it was a little pricey for what it was. It is a John Besh restaurant, and although delicious, I think I would go back to another one of his restaurants that we like better. We also enjoyed the bar located inside the hotel {Sazerac}. It was the location for our infamous celeb siting from last year. :)


My only request of the trip {well, one of my requests} was that I get to sleep in on Saturday. Well, wouldn't you know that after >15 months of getting up at the crack of dawn with a child, I wasn't able to sleep past 7:30. That didn't stop me from laying around for a few more hours though. :) We had beignets and cafe au laits for breakfast, followed by lunch at a yummy place {Ignatius} where John and I had eaten before, followed by shopping on Magazine. Saturday night we ate dinner at Galatoire's. It's one of my parents' favorite restaurants, but none of us had ever been there before so we were excited! And it did not disappoint! I loved the "feel" of the restaurant, and the food was wonderful! The whole restaurant even sang "Happy Birthday" to us! We definitely enjoyed ourselves, maybe a little too much, because Craig decided to get all sappy and tell us how much he loves us, like REALLY loves us, and how lucky he was to be such good friends with his brother- and sister-in-law. :) I'm just teasing you, Craig. You know we feel the same way and are so blessed to be able to count you and Chris as not only family, but BEST friends! We laughed a lot and had a wonderful night! {except when I made Christopher mad and she retreated to the restroom for a minute. sorry again, clh! :) }

We had planned to go eat brunch on Sunday at Court of Two Sisters, but none of us really felt like it and were ready to get on the road. Well we got turned around trying to find the right interstate to get on {listening to my back-seat driving would have really come in handy at that particular moment}, and then we tried to find a fast food place to grab some breakfast, but after going to two places we realized that people in New Orleans must not like to eat breakfast because no where was open until lunch. So we opted to eat an early {10:00} lunch at Popeyes, which turned out to be a very leisurely lunch, not at all fast and not by choice, which also proved to be a bad decision in more ways that one. It would have been much better if we had just gone on to our planned brunch, but hindsight is 20/20.

When we got to Jackson, my little bug was happy to see me {and vice-versa}, but after a quick hug she was ready to go off and play again. She had a great time with her grandparents and her second favorite dog, and I was glad to see that all parties survived the weekend!

Now I just have to gear myself up to leave the ladybug 3 more times in the next 3 months. :)

Since I'm using the old photo editor, I will have to load the pictures all at the end.



lunch at Ignatius




Dinner at Galatoire's

*Question to fellow bloggers: When trying to upload pictures, has anyone else been getting an error message that there is no more room in Google/Picasa? It says I have to buy more space. I have deleted all the pictures from my Picasa albums that I can without it removing pics from my blog. Anyone know what I should do? Anyone even know what I'm talking about??

2 comments:

Life At 1604 said...

So much fun to get away for a bit, yet so exciting to get those kisses and hugs from little bit when you return!

I never got that particular message before BUT I do know that soon, a new blog will have to be created because Blogger is free only for a certain amount of memory...you may have already used all of yours up...You can create a book using all of your blog posts, and then create a new blog with a new address and still get to keep thequinnhouse, but you won't be able to add pics or posts anymore since there will be no room...tmi I'm sure. :)

Jeanne & Martin said...

I cannot believe yall didn't call! Poo!!! Next time! I would have loved to have seen yall, but it sounds like yall were busy, and really wanted to just enjoy each other. Glad you had fun, and hit all the big spots. :)