Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, November 8, 2010

15 Month Check-Up

Last Monday we went for Curran's 15 month well baby visit. She weighed 20 lbs 13 oz {15th percentile} and was 29 3/4" long {50th percentile}. The doctor said that everything looked great, and that she was not worried about C being small since her growth has remained consistent. However, in the next sentence she told me to feel free to fatten up her diet by, for example, adding lots of butter and cheese to her pasta and to occasionally use half and half when cooking for her. So I got mixed signals there.

I try to feed Curran mostly healthy things. I don't hide her vegetables by covering them in cheese or anything like that. I don't want her to learn to only eat vegetables if they are covered in something. I think she eats a pretty well-rounded diet, so I'm just not going to worry about it too much.

Dr. D asked Curran to point to different body parts and make some animal sounds. Of course C would not do a thing she asked! She just held on to me tightly and smiled sweetly. I told Dr. D that she knew how to do all those things; I guess she was just being shy. Although she did say, "Curran, what sound does an elephant make?" And I was thinking to myself, "We don't know that one. Guess we need to work on that." Then Dr. D answered, "Roll Tide!" And I said, "Yeah, she DEFINITELY doesn't know that one!" :)

Dr. D gave C her first sucker. At first she didn't know quite what to think of it, but she quickly decided that she loved it! When she was finished, there was nothing left but a disintegrated stick and clothes completely covered in sugary drool. She cried when I took the stick away from her. :)



This was the morning before her appointment:
Curran absolutely loves balloons, and all month the Publix had tons of Halloween balloons throughout the store. C was mesmerized by them and pointed them out each time she spotted one. I was planning on buying her one a few weeks ago but then decided to wait until closer to Halloween. Well when we were in Publix on Halloween, they were giving them away to all the kids in there for free. I thought that was so nice! So C was super excited to have her very own balloon! She kept it clipped to her clothes for 2 days and would just look up at it or tug on the string every now and then. Well right after I took this picture, C unclipped the balloon and it flew away before I could catch it. She was so upset and kept reaching up for it, but all we could do was wave bye-bye to it. She was so pitiful. :)

No comments: