After I put C down on Friday night, I ran to the grocery store and to Wal-Mart, and I was talking to my mom on the phone, and when I told her what I was up to she said, "Well you are having an exciting Friday night." And honestly, it was: baby asleep by 6:40, take-out eaten by 7, a trip to the grocery store without a baby in tow...what could be more exciting than that?!?
Saturday we had a lazy day playing around the house.
Curran has recently started to like rocking in her little chair now that she can get in and out of it herself. She took her baby for a spin on Saturday morning.
I cannot get many chores done while C is awake, but recently I discovered that I can swiffer while she's awake because she will follow that swiffer all over the house. Saturday morning as I was cleaning, she went and grabbed this cobweb brush that my parents just bought me {not so subtle hint, I guess} and started copying me. I thought it was pretty cute. {and don't worry, it is clean and has not been used yet...I wouldn't let her play with a dirty brush}
She has loved playing with her new xylophone that was a bday gift from my friend Elizabeth. Liz didn't realize this, but C already knew what a xylophone was. In C's favorite alphabet book, the X is for xylophone, and we always pretend to play it by tapping the picture of the keys on the page and making noises. She loves it! So when she got a real one, she knew exactly what to do!
Except when she got tired of the sticks and wanted to use her hands. She was disappointed it didn't quite work out like she thought.
The other morning Mickey Mouse Clubhouse was on TV, but C wasn't really playing attention. It was an episode about musical instruments and one of the characters was playing a xylophone. So I told C to look at the TV, and she saw the xylophone and went and picked hers up and started playing it. It's official...she's a genius! :)
Napping with baby.
Stuck in jail.
Saturday night we were invited to the wedding of one of John's former coworkers, so we asked one of C's teachers from school babysit. We told her to get there around 5:30 or 5:45, and at 6:05 when she still wasn't at our house, I started to panic a little bit {the wedding started at 6:30 and was a little bit of a trek from our house, so we were already going to be late at this point}. But I was dressed and made up {rare} so come hell or high water, I was going out that night. I was afraid the babysitter forgot and I was racking my brain about who I could call to come babysit at the last minute if C's teacher didn't show up. I finally called her to make sure she wasn't lost, and she answered that she was fine and was on her way. She acted like nothing was wrong, so I'm thinking that she must have misunderstood what time I said. So she got to our house at 6:15 and we left at 6:20. The wedding was outside, and we pulled up right as the bride was making her way down the aisle with her dad. I would have been mortified if anyone saw us walking up, so the valet told us how to sneak around back to where the reception was so we wouldn't be seen. So we missed the ceremony :( but had a lot of fun at the reception.
Sunday night we ate at Chuy's to celebrate my friend Katharyn's birthday. I made her a cake that afternoon, and I had a little helper. Here is C in the apron my parents got her.
She wouldn't be still for a picture so I had to pick her up so we could get a decent shot of it.
Aren't we just too cute in our aprons? :)
We were supposed to go to dinner at 6:00 because there were going to be 3 small children with us, but Chris and Craig had been in Jackson for the weekend and got a late start leaving town, so we had to push dinner back to 7. Since that is C's bedtime, I didn't think dinner was going to be much fun with her there, especially since she refused an afternoon nap and started melting down at 5:30. But we fed her supper and that perked her up some. She actually did pretty well at dinner, and I was so glad that we took her! We had a lot of fun celebrating Kat's special day, and I even let C eat some cake which she, of course, enjoyed!
Here are some pictures of John Henry and C at dinner. They were cute together. We were talking about JH being a good big brother to his sister Macey, and Curran kept reaching out and holding his hand, and he said "I think she wants me to be her big brother. " :) He would smile every time she grabbed his arm. It was so cute.















2 comments:
So sweet! Miss C needs to come help me clean sometime soon!! ;)
I have told John that I'm going to actually put Mitchell to work soon if he doesn't watch it. He loves the broom, dustpan, swiffer, vacuum, you name it. I guess if nothing else worked out maybe he has a future janitorial career!
Post a Comment