Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, August 30, 2010

13 Months Old

Although I'm not going to do monthly photo sessions anymore, I still want to do monthly posts reminding myself what Curran is up to at this age. Some of these things she has been doing for a while, but I just haven't remembered to record them.

She loves to blow kisses and wave bye bye, even if you aren't going anywhere. Maybe she is trying to tell us something? She always charms people out in public because she just waves and smiles at everyone. They always remark how sweet she is, oh but only if they could see her at home! I love her real smooches more than anything! One day when I picked her up from school I asked her to give me a kiss. I said thank you after she gave me one, but she just kept planting them on me, and I started getting so tickled because she wouldn't stop. And then she was laughing too as she kept on giving me kisses. It was precious!

She loves other babies, and will wave and squeal when she sees the other babies in her class, especially when we see our neighbor Lillian. They are always SO happy to see each other.

She is talking more and more gibberish and really sounds like she knows what she's talking about it. :) Her are some of the words she says: dog, dada, mama, bye, hey, light {sounds like yie...the lights are her new obsession}, duck. She is working on a few more, but nothing else is consistent. My neighbor told me the other day that when she was dropping Lillian off at school, the teacher told her to say "bye bye Mama", and all of a sudden Curran piped up with "Bye bye Mama." Never mind that it wasn't her mama. Still cute. :)

I have been trying to wean her off bottles over the last month. She has been drinking only out of sippy cups at school for a while now, but I have still been giving her a bottle in the morning and at night. I am probably going to drop the night time bottle this week, and then work on the morning bottle in the next couple of weeks.

She still LOVES to read! Of course she wants to read the same books over and over again, so I try to rotate them out on her little shelf in her room and our shelf in the living room so we can get some variety.

When we were at the beach last month, she learned to hold my cell phone up to her ear to pretend like she was talking. It caught me by surprise the first time she did it. I guess I do call John or my sister several times a day while I am home with her.

She loves her wagon that we got her for her birthday. If she sees it, she freaks out if we don't take her for a ride immediately. So I have to make sure John hides it every now and then when we don't have time to ride. :)

She eats pretty well, still loving fruits more than vegetables. I am trying to introduce more meats, but I find it hard to find something that a) she likes and b) she can chew. I've been packing her breakfast and lunch to take to school, but I have recently started to let her eat off of the school menu some more. She is only still eating a couple of things pureed {mainly a few vegetables} but otherwise she is on all table food.

She still has 8 teeth {4 top and 4 bottom} but I think I feel a 9th one poking through.

She usually takes 2 naps, sometimes 3 depending on what time she gets up. Her naps usually last no more than 1 hr. She goes to bed usually between 6:45 and 7:15.

If I could sum Curran up in a couple of words it would be WILD CHILD. She definitely has a very strong personality and has really been showing her feisty side in the last few days, and unfortunately my patience has been wearing thin. She will be throwing the biggest fit and pushing me to my limit, but will then totally switch gears and do something that melts my heart. Such is life with a toddler, I guess. Some days she plays really well independently {I use that word very loosely as I am pretty much always playing on the floor with her}, but then other days she wants me to hold her all day long. It makes it hard to get anything done around the house, but I try to remind myself that these times are fleeting, so I just sit and play with her and ignore the cooking and cleaning that I need to be doing. It is getting harder to take her on errands. She just gets into everything and it's hard to discipline her since she doesn't really understand much of what I'm trying to say. Today I felt like a one of those moms that I would have judged at what time: letting her get into everything, scream her lungs out, and act like a fool. I even tried bribing her by buying chocolate animal crackers {that was the first time she has ever had chocolate}, but she just ended up looking like a total mess and was even more hyper. Days like today make me glad I work part time. :) Of course I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world and I love her to pieces, but I'm just tryin' to keep it real on here. :)

Anyway, here are some pics from the last couple of days:

Curran modeling her "Toddler Two Piece" that Aunt Mary made and sent her last week. I couldn't get a good picture but it is TOO cute!
The pic is blurry because C was walking, but that is her monogram on the top.




She pulled her tutu out of her closet and wanted to put it on.





She loves rocking in any chair she can get into.


No comments: