The only thing I was not looking forward to was having it in the heat of the day, and because our house is small, we basically have to utilize the outside. But luckily it ended up being overcast for some of the party, so that helped. Don't get me wrong...it was still extremely hot, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been. However, inside our house felt like a sauna because it is old and poorly insulated, and with so many people inside it is nearly impossible to keep cool. Oh well. I was still pretty happy with how everything turned out.
I was worried about how C would do with so many people around, but she did great! She wasn't clingy and let a lot of people hold her. I was so glad that she was in a good mood for most of the day! Although the time of the party was great for her, I don't think it was as great for the few other babies that were there. :(
As I mentioned before, the colors I used were hot pink, light pink, and turquoise. I had planned on C wearing the dress she is wearing in the previous post {a gift from my friend Megan}, as it was the inspiration for the theme of the party, but I was at a sample sale a few months ago and saw this outfit and thought it was too perfect to pass up!
It matched the party colors perfectly! Cheesy, yes, but I went with it nonetheless. Speaking of cheesy, I wore hot pink and suggested that John wear his turquoise polo. :) Normally I would NEVER do something that gag-worthy, but I feel like if you can't be cheesy at your child's first birthday, when can ya? I fully expected people to go home and make fun of us, but most people said they didn't even notice until I pointed it out. :)
It matched the party colors perfectly! Cheesy, yes, but I went with it nonetheless. Speaking of cheesy, I wore hot pink and suggested that John wear his turquoise polo. :) Normally I would NEVER do something that gag-worthy, but I feel like if you can't be cheesy at your child's first birthday, when can ya? I fully expected people to go home and make fun of us, but most people said they didn't even notice until I pointed it out. :)
Here are some pics from the party. There are a lot, but we took well over 500, so really these are just a small sampling. :) I would have made a slide show, but I don't know how. And if you've already seen them on facebook, then you may want to skip this part because they are the same ones.
The favors were iced sugar cookies with a 1 on them {from Icing on the Cookie}. However I forgot to tell people to take them so we had a lot leftover. Whoops.
My parents used to make all our birthday cakes when we were little, so I asked them to make C's. They haven't done one in about 20 years, so they were disappointed with how it turned out. My mom called me the morning before the party and told me I better order something from a bakery because it looked like a kindergartner did it. But I thought it turned out cute!
John wanted to get these monogrammed plastic cups to serve the Bloody Mary's out of. My friend Prim had some really cute ones at her wedding, so she graciously offered to take charge of ordering them for us.
Me and my birthday gal!
John and Katharyn Lowry with their best friends' daughter, Macey
Curran was excited to see her neighbor and classmate Lillian!
Curran and Mitchell...I don't think there was an instant love connection.
Backyard game of bocce.
Samantha and C
It was hard to keep her attention away from the balloons. They are still entertaining her today.
First piece of cake!
A teeny taste of icing...
Back to the balloons.
She didn't get too messy...I have to say she ate it like a little lady. :)

My dad was dying to give her some ice cream. She has had a few tastes before, but of course he was excited to give it to her again!

We had a quick wardrobe change after cake.
Morgan and C
You got something on your lip there Sister.
Getting some more cake from Marc
Prim and Marc
After a nap, we opened presents. She got so many great things and loves them all! One of her favorite gifts was a new baby doll from my parents. When we unwrapped it, she started freaking out because I couldn't get the baby out of the packaging fast enough! It came with a bottle and she quickly learned how to give her baby the bottle. So cute!
But sadly Old Baby was forgotten. C literally threw her out of the stroller and put her new doll in. :) {That stroller was mine when I was little and my parents just brought it in town for C.}
Wearing her new tutu from her Great Aunt Susie for a ride in her new wagon from Mama and Daddy.
Uncle Charlie and Camille took C on her first ride
Hanging on to her new Mickey from Uncle Robert. Don't let the serious face fool you...she loves the wagon! She FREAKS OUT when I take her out of it!
Chewing on a new bath toy from cousins Keith & Abby
Birthdays are so fun!
Thanks so much to Craig, Christopher, and Aunt Mary for taking such wonderful pictures!
I have been thinking about C's birthday for so long, and for all my friends to come celebrate and help make the day so special meant so much to me! I know I have said it before, but I am SO blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life!
















5 comments:
How fun, it looks like it was fun. Curran is so cute, congratulations to all on her 1st birthday. Sime's is this Sunday, I hope our endeavor goes so well!
Okay...
1. Our girls look SO big because they ARE so big. Tear.
2. Does your mom know you put a pic of the front of your house on the blog. My mom would KILL me.
3. I'm redic because I'm talking about how we should be scared of our mommas even though we have one and one and half year olds!
4. Speaking of, y'alls house is SO CUTE.
5. I like how on here and on FB your "parents" not your mom did the cake (??) I think it's super cute!
6. What is bocce?
7. Y'alls party = so much more formal than ours
*Why do I always feel like the length of my comment must correlate with the length of the post? I didn't plan it, just had so much to say!
Eliz, I can't believe our babies are one! It feels like just yesterday that we were talking about our future babies at Christopher's wedding! I'm sure Simeon's party will be great! Can't wait to see pics!
SD, I almost didn't put that pic of the house on here, but my address didn't show so I went ahead and posted it. Well then my sister got all upset so I took it down. :) And both of my parents did make the cake...my mom bakes it and my dad decorates it. He is a great artist and decorated most of our cakes growing up!
Very impressive! Looks like a success! And...I love the coordinating outfits!!
I am still laughing at how Mitchell avoided C's hug. Which struck me as odd because usually he is the one bowling some other poor unsuspecting child over. I am just going to strike that one up to him not feeling like himself on Saturday. Those dadgum teeth are still bothering him. I guess they are some serious ones this time. You did such a great job with all the details of C's party. Though we didn't get to stay long, we had fun and were glad we could celebrate with Miss C!
Post a Comment