Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 1, 2010

12 Months Old!


Curran is now 12 months old! I know I already have two other posts dedicated to this day {with more to come}, so I move on to what she's up to. :)
Curran has gotten SO busy over the last month and is always moving. Well, she has never been one to sit still, but now she can get where she wants to go much faster, and is getting into more things around the house.

I can't really think of any new words that she is saying, but she says mama a little more now {still not really sure about calling it a "word" yet}, and dog continues to be her favorite and most frequent word. She said something that sounded like "Uh oh, Daddy" the other day, and then I said back to her "Did you say Uh oh Daddy?" and she repeated it again. Never mind that Daddy was no where in sight...it was still cute. :) She is also stringing more gibberish sounds together, so it's funny to imagine what she's trying to say.


She LOVES books these days, and it is so fun. She really started liking them when we were at the beach, and now I can say "Do you want to read a book?" and she will grab one and run to me panting because she is so excited! I'll pat my lap and she'll hop right in...I love it! One time I really wasn't paying attention and was just holding onto the book while she was standing next to me, and she pushed it out of the way and dove in my lap. :)

She loves to take each block out of the box and hand them to me one by one, and then she'll take them from me and return them one by one back to the box. She does the same thing with the groceries in her grocery cart. She will do that over and over.


She is eating table food pretty well but still has pureed baby food mixed with her rice cereal in the morning, and I am still pureeing a lot of vegetables. She seems to still prefer them that way. Her favorite foods right now are yogurt, strawberries, blueberries, and bananas. 
We started her on whole milk last Sunday night, and she did great. I gave it to her both cold and warmed up, and she drank it just fine both ways. However, she developed a rash on Tuesday, so the nurse said to stop the milk for one week and try again. She was also still on an antibiotic so she said to go ahead and stop that too. I really don't think it was the milk, but we'll see.


Well, it's sad to see these monthly photo sessions come to an end, but I don't think I have it in me to keep going! It's hard to keep her on that same spot on her bed, and it's also hard to keep her from eating the paper. They were fun while they lasted!

Happy 12 Months Curran!


4 comments:

Life At 1604 said...

So precious! I loved the bday pics on FB! And random note, but I think we have the same rug. Haha! Did you get it at Pottery Barn? Even at 11 months, I'm still learning but apparently babies and natural fiber rugs don't mix....Harrison was mashing his snacks in our old rug and it was impossible to clean. Oops. We recently had to get a new one because of that.

Mary Louis Quinn said...

Yes! I was going to write something on your blog when I saw y'alls rug, but I forgot. :)

Sarah Denley said...

Happy Happy Birthday, Curran! She's so adorable, ML...just gets prettier every day. I can't imagine having to deal with the paper; it's hard enough to get AP to sit still on the bed with Pig Pig! I'm glad I saw someone who "wrote" on theirs the way I do; I never would have thought of it on my own!

Lora G said...

She is so beautiful! I cracked up on the eating paper thing because we have the same problem. I think I will be stopping the periodic photo sessions at 12 months too. Looks like she had a great birthday!