Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Exciting Weekend!

This past weekend we headed to the beach. We weren't originally planning on going {as in we just planned it a couple of weeks ago}, but John started a new job on Monday and his last day at his old job was this past Thursday, so he wanted to spend the long weekend at the beach. It also worked out really great because my BFF Elizabeth and her husband Brandon were going to be in the area for a family vacation so we were able to see them! Christopher and Craig decided to come, too, and of course when my parents heard we were going, they decided they didn't want to miss out either!

We left after work on Thursday, and although it is tiring traveling late at night, it works out well for the babe because she sleeps the whole way. And luckily she goes right back to sleep in her pack n play once we get there.

Here is C sporting her new outfit that was a birthday gift complements of my talented Aunt Mary.


Aunt Mary even sewed a sweet message on the back of the bloomers:

I couldn't get a good picture, but it says Happy Birthday Curran. :)

She also sewed a precious matching sun hat and swim top! Curran has been SO lucky to benefit from Aunt Mary's talents!

Friday we just had a lazy day waiting on Aunt Chrissy and Uncle Craig to get there. We walked down to Seaside to play {and so Mama could get a snow cone :) }, and Christopher and Craig stopped to meet us as they got into town.

Someone was excited to see them!





While we were in Seaside, we bought C a beach ball. It was definitely the hit of the weekend and kept her entertained!











On Saturday evening Elizabeth and Brandon came over to share some exciting news! They found out the gender of their baby on July 29th but wanted to share the news with their family in person when they saw them at the beach. So that meant we all had to wait for the news as well. The suspense was killing me all week {I can't tell you how many dreams I had about that baby!}, but we were so excited to be able to find out in person, too! They told us to line up based on who thought it was going to be a boy {Craig, John, and my mom} versus who thought it was going to be a girl {Christopher, my dad, and me}, and then we opened up a bag containing cupcakes iced in...




PINK!!!!! 

We are SO thrilled that Liz and Brandon are expecting a baby GIRL {and it's fun being right! :)}.  We are excited to have another girl to add to the Fab 5  Super 7, and I am so glad that C will have her very own BFF!




We had such a wonderful weekend, and got to spend lots of time with Brandon and Liz!! I was so sad to have to leave them on Sunday!

We left really late to come back, so C slept the whole trip back as well. Unfortunately she got sick yet again! I don't know what it is about the beach, but she has gotten sick 3 out of the 4 times we have been there this summer. She started running a fever on Saturday night. I know it was high, but I didn't have my thermometer with me. It went away during the day on Sunday, but when we got home Sunday night it was 103.3! I took her to the doctor on Monday and they couldn't find anything wrong. They even had to cath her to check for a UTI. I was SICK about that, but we had to rule it out. I would watch my child gets shots 10 times over before I want to go through that again! I wonder if she is teething because she has had her hand in her mouth for about a week straight and is drooling like crazy, as well as waking up at night. Who knows. Hopefully she will be feeling better soon.

1 comment:

Emily Ferris said...

LOVE this post! Such cute pics! The ones of C seeing Chris and Craig made me smile! And so happy for Liz!!

love,
Emily

p.s. and i LOVE the new background! :)