I absolutely cannot believe that Curran is halfway to the one year mark!! Where in heaven's name did time go? I really hope the next 6 months don't go so fast, although I'm afraid they will. I catch myself still saying that I have a newborn at home, and then the reality that she has not been a newborn for quite some time hits me. It's weird. I feel like she just got here. And already I am thinking about her 1st birthday party (a bit prematurely, perhaps, but still). On the other hand, I wonder what I did with all my time before she got here. I
thought I was busy then. Busy takes on a whole new meaning with a baby in the house. I sometimes wonder what our lives would be like today without Curran here, going through our day to day tasks. And it gives me a very lonely feeling; she just adds such a completeness to the picture. I am just so very thankful for her presence in our lives. I love her so much and actually miss her when she sleeping or in someone else's arms. Crazy, I know. When John gets home from work on the days I am off, I am usually so ready to hand C over and get a break. But then 5 minutes later I'm like, "I'll take her back please thank you."
As my friend
Lora recently put it so perfectly about her own son, my worst day now with Curran is still better than any day before she was in our lives {hope you don't mind me stealing that, Lora! :) }. I thank God every chance I get that we were blessed with her as our daughter.
Anyway, enough sap...we don't have Curran's 6 month checkup until the end of the week, so no stats for now. Here are her 6 month photos. She is
still sick (it's been two weeks) so she was really not feeling the photo shoot this morning. I barely got a smile out of her. Poor thing.
1 comment:
I don't mind at all! I'm honored actually! She's getting prettier every day!
Post a Comment