We went to the beach to celebrate the New Year. This was little Curry Boo's [don't you like my new nickname for her :) ] 4th trip to the beach in her 5 short months of life. We are lucky she is such a good traveler because we certainly haven't slowed down much. However I was really not looking forward to another road trip so soon after Christmas. It is such an effort to pack for a baby and mess up her "schedule" (I use that term loosely), not to mention the tons of laundry we come home with, just to hop right back in the car again. Plus Curran really doesn't sleep well when we travel (or at home for that matter, but it's worse when we travel). She does usually sleep for most of the car ride, and this was the second time that we made it to the beach without stopping. (The trip home is usually a little rougher typically requiring one stop.)
We were down there with my parents, brother, sister and brother-in-law, and our friends Katharyn and John. The weather was b-e-a-utiful on Thursday--about 68 and sunny! But then it was freezing the rest of the weekend. We cooked at the house on NYE because we knew it would be crazy to try to go out to eat with that many people and a baby. Seaside had a big fireworks show, which was fun to watch. I was scared the noise would wake up the babe, but she slept soundly (until I was ready to hit the sack of course and then she decided it was time to party).
The rest of the weekend was spent lounging, walking, and eating. I am all about the low-key activites on New Years. I think the night is overrated and is always a little bit of a disappointment if you build it up too much. So I am always so glad to stay in!
The child loves a bath...especially one in the sink.
I like this picture (minus the glob of rice cereal on her cheek) because it shows her eye color, whatever it is. People always think they're brown because they're so dark, but they're really still a dark blue-gray with green and flecks of brown around the pupils. I think they're so pretty!


Visiting with Granddaddy. He thinks she's super smart and talented. He likes to say over and over "She likes her Granddaddy" or "She was really glad to see me" in reference to when we first got to the beach. If you know my dad you will appreciate the cuteness of that.












2 comments:
I think Curran is the most photogenic person I have ever seen. All of her pictures are great!
How fun! I agree, great pictures! Looks like a great time.
Post a Comment