Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sleep...

Oh how I miss thee. It is going on a year since I have slept through the night (I am not a good sleeper normally, but very early in the pregnancy I started having sleeping issues). Curran slept through the night for the first time around 2 months, but that was VERY shortlived, and we have struggled in the sleeping department ever since. However, I thought maybe we had turned the corner last week when Curran was sick because she slept through the night every night, not ever making a peep. SO unlike her! (But just because she slept through the night doesn't mean I did. I woke up constantly during the night to check the monitor or go move her lovey away from her face).

Well we are back to our normal this week. Although, the fact that she slept through the night for so many nights in a row allowed me to drop her night time feeding without even trying. When she woke up around 2 am the other night, I'm sure she thought she was getting a snack, but nope, I was not going to do it. So we battled it out and I won, if you can call "winning" treking back and forth to her room for two hours. She would fall asleep after a few minutes of crying only to wake up a little while later. Over and over and over. Last night was a little better. She woke up at 1:30 but went back to sleep after a few tears and a replugging of the pacifier. I know it's a no-no to pick up babies when you are letting them crying it out, but I have a hard time not picking her up when I know she will immediately put her head on my shoulder and go back to sleep. And she is just so fun to snuggle with like that! Plus with her cold that is still hanging around, she is so congested and crying only makes it worse. She can't really keep her pacifier in because her nose is so stopped up she can't breathe. This morning when I was feeding her, she literally had to stop and take a few breaths before she continued. It was kinda funny even though I felt sorry for her.

My favorite time of the day is when I am putting her to bed for the night, right after she finishes eating, she usually falls alseep and I can snuggle with her and kiss her as much as I want without worrying about annoying her. I always have to make myself get up and put her in bed. And as much as I hate not getting a full night of sleep, I always enjoyed (well as much as one can "enjoy" being awoken in the middle of the night) the night time feedings because of how peaceful she was. I know I will miss those moments. However, now that I am not feeding her during the night, I would love it if she would just start sleeping so we don't have to duke it out every night. :)

3 comments:

Brooke Maedel said...

Dittos. I hate duking it out, but you're right about the snuggling. Some of the sweetest time there is with them. ALMOST makes me forget the rest of it. Almost.

Lora G said...

Sweet! You won, it's always best when you get a victory without having to try too hard. It is SO hard to let them cry. I say, never feel guilty about picking her up because at the end of the day (or night) you want her to sleep so that you can (eventually) sleep, yourself. She'll probably eat more during the day now so she won't want it at night. We have had to give Zayd a little more in his bottles now that he is only getting 5 feedings a day. Full night's sleep is on the horizon! BTW, thanks for your comment on my post. I am a super softy myself these days. The other day I was just tickling his little feet and watching him wiggle his toes and I almost started crying...

Mary Louis Quinn said...

Well last night after a little fussing getting to sleep, she slept until 6 am without making a peep. I know better than to think we won't have setbacks but at least we're finally headed in the right direction.