Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, February 5, 2010

6 Month Appt

Curran had her 6 month checkup this morning. She weighed 15 lbs 13 oz (50th percentile) and was 26 1/4 in long (75th percentile). I don't remember her head circumference but it was in the 75th percentile. She got 3 vaccines and the flu shot and did not shed one tear! I was so proud of her. She was in the cutest mood and started laughing hysterically at herself whenever she would do something that made the exam table paper make noise. By the end of the appointment, that paper was completely torn up. But at least she was entertained!

She can sit up really well now but cannot get herself into the sitting up position. She is rolling over more although not very proficiently. She has all of a sudden turned into the squirmiest baby on the planet! When someone is holding her, she squirms and lunges to get down. Which totally cracks me up because she is still immobile; it's not like she can go anywhere if she gets down. But she still tries. If I am holding her at the table, she reaches for anything she can see: glasses, knives, napkins, etc. She is a busy-body, to say the least!

She has been sleeping through the night for almost 3 weeks now, and I am praying it continues! Maybe one of these days I'll start sleeping through the night, too!

She is eating rice cereal twice a day and loves it! I cannot shovel it in fast enough for her. I have not started other solids only because I felt like I started the cereal a little before she was really ready, and I wanted to get her used to eating it twice a day before I introduced other foods. Then she has had stomach issues for the last 2 weeks, so I wanted to wait until all that was over. So we will be starting on her first real solids this weekend!

I thought 3 months was a huge developmental change, and now 6 months seems to be the next big age. She is litterally changing right before our eyes, and while it is SO fun, it also makes me miss my calm, little baby. Ok, well she has never really been calm, but she didn't move around as much!



Still loves looking at the fan.



I had a meeting at work this afternoon, so my friend Katharyn's mom (Mrs. Kellum, or Mama Kay as I like to call her) watched Curran for a little while. Kat took this picture when she went over there for lunch. It makes me smile.



Curran's teachers told me that she could hold her own bottle, but since I hardly ever give her a bottle at home, I had never seen her in action. But I had a left over bottle from school yesterday, so I let her have a go. And my genius baby fed herself the whole thing.


This is my 100th post, so I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to copy something I saw on Sarah Denley's blog where she got her husband to write 100 random things about himself. I knew it was too good to be true when John agreed to do it last week. Granted his job is extremely busy right now, and he has been out of town all week, but still. I was hoping he would come through. But I could not wait on him any longer. Maybe I'll still get him to do it one of these days.

No comments: