Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Long Night

It has been a long day around here. I am running on very little sleep. Poor John got the stomach bug last night, so I was up with him and the baby (although I didn't go too near him for fear of catching the bug myself). I spent the time in between feedings with Clorox wipes in hand sanitizing everything: doorknobs, sinks, toilets, the couch (good thing it's leather!), remote controls, the computer--you name it, I sanitized it. He's feeling better now, so hopefully I will manage to not get sick. Curran decided that she really didn't feel like sleeping in her bed after 3:30 am, so I brought her to our bed, where of course she fell asleep as soon as I laid her down. But that means that I didn't sleep. It makes me nervous having her in there, so I basically laid awake for the rest of the night. John of course was quarantined to the guest room.

Today has been one of those days where I didn't get out of my pajamas until 1:30. Curran just didn't seem to want to be put down, and for the few minutes she let me put her in her crib, I was busy sanitizing some more. I basically followed John around the house with the Clorox wipes. What a good invention those were!

Curran and I did manage to make a quick trip to the grocery store. Unlike last time I did not cause any bodily harm to anyone. But a trip to Publix wouldn't complete without something peculiar happening. I have found that parking near the cart return is the easiest thing to do with a baby so I don't have to walk too far carrying her in the car seat. Unfortunately that means I don't get to utilize the parking for "New and Expectant Moms." And we all remember how much I love those spots. Anyway, I had just finished putting the groceries in the car and turned to put my cart up, when I saw a man backing his car into the cart return spot. So I stood there watching, contemplating on whether or not to interrupt his slow progress to tell him that it wasn't a parking spot. I was annoyed because I just wanted to put my cart up and go. By the way, my pet peeve is when people don't return the carts to the proper spot and just leave them scattered throughout the parking lot! Anyway, I finally said something to the lady who was directing him into the spot. Turns out her car had died, and he was just being a Good Samaritan trying to get as close as he could so he could jump start her car. Well that made me feel kind of like an idiot for thinking that they were the idiots. Of course he would realize that those big green plastic cart bumpers don't just designate an extra special parking spot. Oh well. The highlight of my trip to the store was seeing Julie from the first Real World New York. Remember, she's the one who infamously asked the "angry black woman," "Why do you have a beeper? Do you sell drugs?" I will get star-struck by just about any D list celebrity, and today was no different. Of course I played it cool like I didn't know who she was when I had to squeeze by her (twice) and say "excuse me." She goes (or used to go) to my friend's church, and I remember her telling me that Julie hated it whenever anyone would bring up the Real World to her, so I suppressed my desire to ask for an autograph. Just kidding, I really didn't want one. But I really did think it was funny to see her grocery shopping. I should have asked her if she still keeps in touch with Eric Nies. :)

2 comments:

Samantha said...

You do realize that Julie is my neighbor right?

Mary Louis Quinn said...

I knew she lived in Homewood, but I didn't know she lived near you. Don't tell her about my post! :)