Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, September 28, 2009

First trip to Jackson

This past weekend, Curran went to Jackson for the first time. I was excited to take her to the place where I grew up (not that she had any clue where she was, nor did she care). We went home for my ten year high school reunion. I wasn't sure what to expect from the weekend. We only graduated with 47 people, so it was hard to plan an organized event because only like 10 people said they were going to be there. But we ended up having a great turnout--I think more than half our class was there. It was funny because we were making fun of my friend Morgan on Friday night before we left for the reunion for breaking out the yearbook to get a quick refresher of people's names. Hello, how hard is it to get 47 people's names right!! Apparently...pretty hard. One girl went up to my friend Elizabeth with arms outstrectched and said "Christopher!!!!" And one of the guys who we used to hang out with a lot called me Mary. And if you know me well at all, you know that I hate being called just Mary and not Mary Louis. "Mary" is not my name!! But don't get me started on that. And Morgan butchered the name of someone who I thought would be hard for anyone to forget. After talking with several of my old friends, it turns out that a lot of people had trouble remembering names. I used to be the crazy person who knew everyone's middles names and most of their birthdays. It's just funny how much you can forget in 10 years, even with such a small class.




Curran got to meet her great-grandmother, Gran Gran, which was special to me. She is also her namesake (Curran is my grandparents' last name). Gran Gran is my last living grandparent, but she has Alzheimer's, so she will not remember the meeting (and obviously neither will Curran), but it was important to me that they meet. My step-grandmother also came over so she got to meet Curran as well. We had such a fun weekend, and I was so sad to leave yesterday!








1 comment:

Emily Ferris said...

Curran is getting so big! Glad y'all had fun at the reunion. LOVE the pic of curran with her namesake. So special!