Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Blast from the Past

Ok, so by now you all know that we like hand-me-downs around here. I couldn't resist trying this one out. Yes, that is me in the blue and white outfit in the crib with blue bedding. My mom didn't find out what she was having with Chris and me. I guess in 1980 blue was considered gender neutral??? Just kidding, Mom! I think it's cute! :) (My mom doesn't read this blog but I felt the need to give the shout out just in case.) Apparently I LOVED my pacifier when I was little.  Every time I see this picture that pacifier just cracks me up.














Curran has been smiling for a couple of weeks now, and I have been trying to capture it on camera without much luck. She seems to be more smiley in the morning for some reason, and I was able to capture a few during our mini photo shoot this morning. She is so cute when she smiles, especially her wide open mouth smiles! They make me happy! Hopefully I'll get some better pictures soon. 








Curran: Who is this woman with make-up and blow dried hair?? And no, I don't just have really bad roots. I'm not sure why my hair looks two-toned in this picture. I have never colored it in my life. And if I did, that is not the color I would pick.

And this picture cracks me up. Not because of whatever weird thing my hair is doing, but because of the stains on my shirt. The shirt looked clean (and in fact had just been through the wash) when I put it on, but when Christopher looked at this picture after she took it, she informed me that I had spots on my shirt. Funnily enough, the spots were invisible to the naked eye, but apparently cameras can spot a spit up stain anywhere. I guess I need to start spraying the spots on my clothes before I wash them. I was under the assumption that I was getting them squeaky clean. Guess not.

On another note, I went to church yesterday for the first time since Curran was born. I really wanted to take her, but John reminded me that they probably don't spray the pews down with Lysol in between services, and with the swine going around, it wouldn't be a good idea to expose Curran to all the sniffly people that might be there before she has had her shots. And you know we Catholics do the Sign of Peace and have to shake hands with people, and I still haven't figured out how to discretely get my hand sanitizer out of my purse afterwards and not offend the people sitting around me. SO, John graciously offered to stay home with Curran so I could go. :) I wore an old maternity dress and was just waiting for Stacy and Clinton to jump out and accuse me of being that woman who still wears maternity clothes after she is no longer pregnant. Although I would have been offended, $5000 and a shopping trip in New York would be nice. I was also scared that I was going to see a real pregnant person wearing the dress (because it is one of those dresses from Motherhood Maternity that everyone who was pregnant last season has or knows someone who has it), and then I would be really mortified. I have packed up all of my old maternity clothes except for a few dresses that really don't look maternity-ish (I hope). I just hate the idea of them rotting away in my attic for a few years. I kept my jeans out for a while because, let's face it, those stretchy maternity jeans are super comfy. But flab just doesn't hold up that big ole elastic waist like a taut pregnant belly does, so they finally got packed up too.



**P.S. Does anyone know how to change the date/time on these posts so it actually reflects when you post it and not when you start working on it?? That drives me crazy! And with this new posting format, I can't find spellcheck, so please excuse any errors.

2 comments:

Allison & Michael Godwin said...

When you are in the edit mode click on "post options", and it will open up and allow you to change the date and time.

Mary Louis Quinn said...

Oh good, thanks!!