We spent Labor Day Weekend at the beach, and it was Curran's first trip! My parents were there with us, and we had so much fun! I was so depressed to come home Monday. Curran did great in the car! We left really early Friday morning, and Curran slept most of the way there. We made it there by 11, so we had almost the whole day ahead of us, which was so nice. All we did was basically do what we always do at the beach: read and eat (well John watches TV while the rest of us sit outside and read :) ). Curran was like a different baby at the beach-- no meltdowns! I told my parents that I was just going to move down there until she was 3 months old (and I was only half-way kidding). She was just so content and peaceful. She loved being out on the screened-in porch hearing the waves and feeling the breeze. If she was the least bit fussy, she would immediately calm down if we took her outside. I can't wait to go back in a few weeks!
Pictures: John and Curran partaking in John's favorite activity whilst at the beach--watching TV. I should have gotten a shot of the Cheeze-Its and Beck's and then the scene would be complete! ~One of the few family pictures we have taken. ~Do you think we packed enough stuff? You should have seen the front and middle seats!~ Curran in front of her very own beach house! :) The house used to be my grandparents' whose last name was Curran. Not a cute pic of either of us but it will have to do.~ John and Curran enjoying the scenery just after we got there.~ The lounge chair seemed to be the background of all our pics. ~ Curran wearing my almost 29 year old bathing suit. That's me in the sunglasses. I was about 7 or 8 months old in that picture. Curran was barely over 5 weeks, and the suit pretty much fits her. ~ My dad loved Curran's bouncy seat. He kept calling it her beach lounger. He is so fascinated by all the baby gear these days. He really did think that was a beach chair!! ~ And last but not least, Curran channeling Dark Helmet from Space Balls. The sun hat was a little big. :)
*** I started this post yesterday, but like with anything else I try to do, it has taken me two days to get it done. And I have no idea what is going on with the picture layout and I can't seem to fix it. And I just got interrupted by someone ringing my doorbell. It was some girl named Kadi from Estonia (is that a made up country??) and I'm still not sure what she wanted. She was part of some education program and wanted to talk to me about something (still not sure what). She asked if I would sit outside and talk to her, and I said I didn't feel comfortable with that and that my baby was sleeping inside. Really I wanted to tell her that I have been trying to update my blog for two days now and I have to type furiously to get it done while Curran is still sleeping. So then she said she could come talk with me inside. All I could think about is how tonight's news would say something about "mother who answered the door in her pajamas (in the middle of the day) killed by innocent looking exchange student." I mean, she seemed nice, had an official looking badge, and a notebook filled with different families' names that she had spoken to. She kept asking me if I knew such and such at the end of the street because they were so nice and friendly (I guess I wasn't??). I wanted to tell her that we are antisocial and don't know any neighbors who don't live immediately next to us or across the street. Anyway, after she got the hint that I wasn't going to sit down and chat with her, she asked for a bottled water and left. Weird.




2 comments:
Curran is so cute! She is such a pretty baby. Glad the car ride was good. That is always stressful!
I always think of what the news would say when I am in a situation like that. It was raining when I was leaving the grocery store one day, and this old woman was insistant that I leave John Henry with her so I could pull my car up to the door. When I said no, she asked if she could pull my car up for me. Ummm, no!
Haha yeah, at first I always feel guilty thinking that they might be legit, then by the end of the day I have myself totally freaked out about all the info they know about me just by talking to me for 5 minutes. Then I have myself convinced that they are coming back that night to kill me, and in this case kidnap my child! I can freak myself out like a champ!
Post a Comment