Curran had her last day of the school year last Thursday {our school year starts over in June}. Here she is on her last day a year ago.
And here she was last week. Such a big girl these days! I couldn't get her to tear her eyes away from her cartoons. And I got out of the bed just to take her picture! :) {John has been taking her to school since SC was born.}
That afternoon we had her End of the Year Party at school.
C with one of her teachers {sorry for the blurry pic}
We are going to miss her teachers so much! C had finally gotten to the point where she was excited to go to school and even asked to go on her days off. So this week in her new class has been hard. When I ask her about her new teachers, she will say that no those are not her teachers, and she'll name her old ones. :( She also skipped a class so she is with a bunch of new kids who are a good bit older. I was very concerned about this when the director first presented the idea, but this way she is now on the track to go to kindergarten when she turns 5 {since her bday is July 30, she's close to the cutoff}. In her old class she was the second oldest kid, and some kids were 6-8 months younger than her. That's a pretty big difference at her age. So although now there are kids in her new class who are 6 months older than her, I think she'll learn a lot. What made me feel better about letting her skip was that a few of her buddies went with her. There are 5 of them that all started together when they were babies, so the parents decided to keep them together for now. C loves those sweet friends, so I know they are glad to still be in the same class. AND she has been using the potty at school!! I think those teachers were not thrilled that they were getting a few kids who weren't potty trained yet, so they jumped on it like white on rice. Of course she won't use the potty at home, but she at least talks about it and sits on it some. We are doing boot camp this weekend, though. Wish me luck! :)







1 comment:
look at my bug a year ago! looks like such a baby!
Post a Comment