Thursday, June 14, 2012
2 Month Appt
We had Sallie Cate's 2 month check up this week. She was 11 lbs 9 oz and 23" long {both 75th percentile}. We got a good report, and SC was so sweet and just smiled and "talked" to Dr. D the whole time. I love our doctor- she just makes you feel like your baby is the cutest, sweetest thing she's ever seen. {And I know she's probably like that with everyone, but still. :) } SC had to get 3 shots and one oral vaccine. Poor thing cried so hard with her shots, even after I picked her up. It was a cry I have definitely never heard from her. I gave her some Tylenol when we got home and she took a 3 hour nap in her crib! She NEVER sleeps that long in her crib. C always slept great after she got shots, too. Christopher and I agreed that those good naps are about the only good thing that comes from shots {besides immunization, of course}.
I had slacked off on giving her the Zantac but she has started really spitting up this week, so I started giving it to her again. The nurse also suggested giving Mylicon on a schedule {prior to feedings} instead of just 'as needed' to see if that helps with her tummy. Her feedings have gotten much better lately, but we still have some frustrating ones where she just pulls off and gets fussy. But she seems to be gaining weight well, and she seems content after feedings, so I am not worried about it anymore. The thing that helped me the most was I quit using a breastfeeding app that recorded when I fed last, which side(s) and for how long on each side. That was TOTALLY stressing me out, so I don't even look at the clock anymore, and I feel so much better!
The only real question I had for Dr. D was if I was holding SC in the Moby correctly, because I read this article about hip dysplasia that totally freaked me out, and a few times when I have taken SC out of the wrap she has cried hysterically like I had hurt her. But she assured me I was holding her the right way.
So overall it was a quick, boring (in a good way) appt, and I'm so thankful to have a healthy two month old girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment