Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, June 11, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

We headed to the beach for Memorial Day Weekend. After our trip to Jackson the weekend prior, I felt pretty confident that SC would do ok on the drive down. However I forgot how bad traffic is leaving town {we left around 6 after John got off work}, so we got stuck in rush hour traffic, then an awful wreck, but the kicker was when we got in terrible construction traffic before Montgomery. SC ended up screaming bloody murder for a while, which was miserable to say the least. Once we finally got to an exit we pulled off and fed her, and ended up going on a back highway for about 15 miles to avoid the traffic. Both girls slept the rest of the way, thank goodness. It was smooth sailing until at one point, I looked up from the back seat and asked John where we were. He informed me that he was trying to find a short cut for us to take on the way home to avoid the Memorial Day traffic we always encounter leaving the beach. I was highly annoyed because he was holding his phone upside down against the steering wheel so he could look at Google Maps and follow the little blue dot while trying to drive. Umm, not gonna happen while my girls and I are in the car! So I convinced him to give me the phone so I could navigate, all while huffing and puffing {only slightly under my breath} about the fact that I didn't think it was a good idea to go all Lewis and Clark at 11pm with two sleeping kids in the back when we had already been in the car for 5 hours at this point. When I told him to take the turn dictated by Google, we ended up on a dirt road. A ONE LANE dirt road! It was so bumpy, and poor SC already has no control over her limbs at this point, so they were just flailing about. I had my one arm over her trying to settle her so she wouldn't wake up and one hand on the phone that was partly responsible for this little adventure, and you better believe I was cussing John from the back seat. I just new we were going to get killed by Billy Bob coming around the corner in a beat up pick-up. I mean, ONE LANE people! I was texting Christopher about what was going on and she was getting tickled. I did not think it was funny at that point, but I have to admit I did laugh a little once we were back to civilization. I don't know how Curran slept through all that. It took us over 6 hours to get to the beach. Normally it would take us about 4.5 including stops. And ya know what? Chris and Craig left Bham 2 HOURS after us and got there 15 minutes before us. Yeah. Anyway, I'm just thankful we arrived safe and sound and still talking to each other.

Anyway, here are some pics from the weekend.

Now that Sinclair can walk, these two had a lot of fun playing. C is totally a beach girl and now so is S. She LOVED the water and never wanted to get out!








I just put SC down on a chair and she fell asleep within minutes. If only it was that easy all the time!


OUT!


The water was gorgeous!







Early morning playing outside {SC and I were still asleep :) }. Chris was unsuccessful in getting them to pose in their matching pj's.

Curran found a big stash of Gran Gran's {my grandmother} hats. She wore them all I think.


She did a lot of this. She took exactly one nap in her pack n play the whole time we were there. The rest of the time someone {usually me} was holding her. I enjoyed it. I got to read my book and relax. Speaking of my book- I read Fifty Shades of Grey. Am I the only one who didn't get what the hype was all about? First of all, I'll admit I'm a bit of a prude, but I can handle reading some racy stuff in books. But I thought this book was just vulgar! Secondly, the writing was just awful. Some of it was so stupid. Not to mention I was embarrassed reading it with my dad sitting across from me. :) There were so many things that just got on my nerves about this book. Anyway, just had to throw that out there. 


Uncle Craig and his girls. C sure does love her Uncle Craig. We were at their house one day and she was holding Sissy's phone which has a pic of Craig and Sinclair as the screensaver. C kept looking at it and saying, "Craigy" in this sweet, lovey-dovey voice. Then she started kissing his picture. :) At the beach he went out on the sail boat several times and C would cry after him, "Where's my uncle? I just need my uncle!" It was so funny. :)

Another of Gran Gran's hats.



She has been into the pigtails lately.


Ice cream for the girl. Mojito for the mama.



SC rode in the stroller like a big girl for the first time {without her car seat- just b/c it was so hot} and slept while we happy hour-ed.

Gotta do the comparison pic. SC 7.5 weeks old. And Curran on her first beach trip at 5 weeks old


Smiling at her Sissy.

She can look pretty serious too.

In matching outfits Prim made C and Sinclair last summer. It's been so nice that SC has been able to wear all of Sinclair's clothes and a lot match Curran's.


It's sad that this is our first pic as a family of 4 and it's not even that good. Oh well.

My parents got C a kite for Easter and she has been talking about flying it NON STOP since then. I even had a dream I forgot to take it with us to the beach. Of course when it came time to fly it, she wasn't super interested and had more fun rolling around in the sand. :)



There wasn't much wind so when my dad finally got it in the air, she was excited for about 2.5 seconds. 





We celebrated my dad's birthday before we left to go home on Monday. 




On the way home we got stuck in terrible traffic again, and I ended up having to pump in the car and then give SC a bottle while she was buckled in. Both girls did pretty well on the way home, thank goodness. Overall it was a great trip and we are ready to go back!





3 comments:

Lora G said...

I could NOT get through 50 shades either! The writing was soooo bad. I don't mind light shallow books, I could even handle the racy stuff if it's appropriate, but this one was so bad! Totally agree! Great pics btw!!

Lora G said...

I worried about zayd's age too. It'll probably have to be next year for us. I'd love to do it with y'all. Where are you doing it??

Emily Ferris said...

sweet, sweet pictures! love C's pigtails & hats. I'm glad to hear your comments on 50 shades of grey. I'm normally all about the next big read, but I just have had ZERO desire to pick that one up (for a lot of reasons) ... glad to hear your thoughts! Will definitely be skipping that one.