Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Trip to Jackson

Weekend before last we went to visit my parents in Jackson. It was kind of a last minute trip, and we decided to make it girls only, so the husbands didn't go with us. I was nervous about driving to Mississippi with both girls for the first time by myself, but I decided it would be more stressful to be in the same car with Christopher and Sinclair, because C tends to get riled up around Sinclair. Luckily it ended up going about as well as it could go! Both girls fell asleep once we got on the road {SC was asleep before we left Bham of course}, and C woke up once we passed Meridian, so she watched a movie. SC slept until we were about 25 miles away from my parents' house, and since it had been 4 hours since she had eaten last, I decided to go ahead and pull over and feed her. So it took us about 4 hours to get there {normally 3.5 or less}, but both girls were quiet and happy so I was pleased!

It was hard being away from home and not having John's help. When Chris first mentioned the idea of girls only, I told her I was worried about having both girls without John there to help. She assured me that between both of us and my parents we would be fine. I think she was singing a different tune by Sunday. It was hard and not very relaxing. It's always challenging working with three little girls' very different sleeping and eating schedules. And trying to get SC to sleep every night without someone to pass her off to was stressful. Chris ended up getting her down Saturday night, and she did rock her for me Sunday night so I could eat dinner {at 9:00}. But it was nice to be home and I'm glad we went!

We really didn't get to see anyone or do anything. We basically just stayed around the house. But on Sunday we did go to church, and I was so glad because our church was recently redone, and it is beautiful! Then we went to lunch and visited my grandmother late that afternoon. She has Alzheimer's, so I really don't think she knows who we are anymore {although she acts like she does}, but I'm glad SC got to meet her great grandmother. 

We headed back on Monday, and while the ride back wasn't quite as great as the ride there, it still went pretty well. SC didn't eat well before we left, so I knew she wouldn't make it long. I had to stop and feed her at about 1hr 20 min in, which of course woke C up. She was a little grumpy but watched a movie the rest of the way. However, when we got close to Bham, she told me her pants were all wet. Apparently she had had so much to drink in the car that her diaper was completely saturated and had soaked her and her carseat. Oops.

Anyway, here are some pictures. 

On Friday afternoon, the girls had so much fun playing in the fountain. 

 Chris had the job of keeping them from diving in while I held SC. 


Chris told me not to post this photo, but I think it's funny how tickled S gets at C. I'm not sure what they were laughing at.


This little girl was pretty sweet the whole weekend, per usual.

My mom's friend came to see the girls and was so sweet and brought them some books and a cookie shaped like a hot dog. C loved it, of course! :)

After church on Sunday.

It was impossible to get a good pic of my parents with their three granddaughters.

And just as impossible to get a pic of the 3 girls together. 


So I decided to take a few of SC by herself.

Of course then someone decided that she did want to pose for pics and slid up next to SC. 
 

SC in her beautiful dress made by Prim.






1 comment:

Christopher said...

you could have at least chopped my head off in that pic! :)