The doctors came by this morning to let us know that Sallie Cate has viral meningitis. Her spinal fluid came back positive for enterovirus. While there is no treatment for this, the doctors are glad to have an answer to what caused her to be so sick. It will simply run its course and she should have no residual effects from it. But the good news is that we get to GO HOME! Her temps remained steady (around 100 degrees) throughout the night, so they feel ok about letting us go home. They said she still may run a few fevers, but they think she has definitely turned a corner. We are so glad to be getting out of here! We had so many people praying for us, and we feel truly blessed to be surrounded by such loving friends.
As miserable as it was to watch my baby feel so bad and be so sick, I am thankful we were in a good place surrounded by competent people who took such good care of her. The attending physician was so sweet, and so were our nurses and medical assistants. Whenever we called the nurses' station, the nurse was always SO quick to get in here. They basically waited on us hand and foot and made sure we had everything we needed. I got to have meals provided since I'm nursing, and the food services people were so kind and accommodating. It cracked me up because once they saw "lactation", those people wanted to make sure I was taken care of. You should have seen my trays- they were PILED with food! The tech this morning got cracked up when she saw how much breakfast they gave me. Another positive- when I brought SC into the ER, we got triaged and taken back to a room right away- no waiting in the waiting room. That was a huge blessing. This bad situation could have been a lot worse if we didn't have such kind people taking care of us.
This whole experience has made me even more thankful than I already was that we have been blessed with healthy children. I killed me to see SC go through everything she did; I don't see how parents of chronically ill children do it. They are my heroes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment