Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Being admitted

I'm trying to update from my phone. I am at the hospital with sallie cate. When I went in to feed her at 2am noticed she was warm so I took her temp and it was 101.5. I almost didn't call the dr b/c we actually were supposed to have her one month check up today. But i know temps this high in newborns can be dangerous, so i went ahead and called the on call dr and of course they said to take her to the er. So we are now waiting to be admitted. I knew what to expect, but nothing can prepare you to see your 5 week old being poked and prodded. They had to stick her 6!!! Times to get an IV. They finally got one in her head, but it killed me to see them digging around in all 4 arms and legs and to see her in so much pain. They made me leave for the lumbar puncture which was fine by me. As much as I hated to leave her, I didn't want to watch them hold her down.

Anyway, if you could please pray that this is just a virus and nothing more serious. I know this is all just protocol but it breaks my heart to see her going through all this.

3 comments:

Lora G said...

Praying for you guys and SC. Good thing you are a very observant mama!

Christopher said...

Love my sweet girl so much and are praying for y'all!!!! I can only how traumatic it is to see your baby going through that. It definitely doesn't feel like "protocal" when it's YOUR baby!

Elizabeth said...

I'm praying for your family, I know you must be scared. I would be, God will be with you.