My sweet baby is already 6 weeks {and a few days} old! That means my maternity leave is halfway over. :( The thought of going back to work and leaving my sweet girl literally makes me sick at my stomach. I hope these next 6 weeks don't go too fast! {although I know they probably will}
We have had a bit of a rough time since she got home from the hospital. Those 3 nights {one in the ER and the other two in the hospital} got her really off her schedule. She was doing SO great, going to bed between 9 and 10, waking around 2-3, and then again around 5:30-6:30. Now it is taking her hours to go to sleep, and she is waking multiple times a night. The waking is not the hard part- it's that she has the hardest time going back to sleep, and I am going back in her room to re-swaddle her or put the paci in about 5-6 times. A lot of the time I end up bringing her into our bed so I can sleep. I hate to do that because it makes me nervous and I don't sleep well, but she sleeps very soundly next to me. Hopefully she will get back on schedule soon. {I started this post earlier this week, but last night I decided to put her to bed earlier- at 8pm- and she did much better! Still woke up twice- 12:30 and 5:40- but had much longer stretches and went back to sleep easier. Hopefully that will continue!}
I am trying to be good about putting her in her crib for at least one nap a day. I hold her a lot and she naps in her swing a good bit, but she'll usually take one good nap a day in her crib.
She is a very happy girl the vast majority of the time, smiling a lot and rarely fussing. I just love cuddling her all day long! She loves her mobile and just smiles so big at it. That's usually a good way for me to occupy her when I need to do a quick something.
I just love this precious girl so much! The past 6 weeks with her, although utterly exhausting and sometimes scary {last week}, have been some of the happiest of my life! Happy 6 weeks, my sweet Sallie Girl! We love you!
Thursday, May 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Love that precious girl! I hope the sleep will get better with an earlier bedtime. can't wait for some QT with her the next two weekends! hopefully!
Post a Comment