Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Random Thoughts From an Old Lady

Am I the only person who, when you really stop to think about it, is surprised by her age? I mean, sometimes I can hardly believe I'm a grown-up with a professional career, husband, mortgage and kids. CHILDREN. Mind-boggling, I tell ya. When I was pregnant with SC, I had a dream that someone asked me how old I was, and for the life of me I could not remember, so I decided to take my best guess. 26. That's what I came up with. Never mind the fact that I'll actually be 32 this year. At least I made myself laugh when I woke up and remembered the dream.

SC and I were in Target the other day perusing the clothing section for skinny white jeans at the request of my sister (btw- not that I'm known for my fashion sense or anything, but I never thought I'd see the day when jeans in any color other than blue were in style again. I think I still have some white jean shorts a la 1991 in my closet at my parents'). Anywho, these girls were shopping next to me when one of them picked something up. The other girl said, "I think that look is a little mature for you. That looks more '30' than '21'." I laughed to myself at the silly comment and then thought WAIT A MINUTE. It's sad that I'm now almost 2 years older than what a college kid thinks of as "old."

I have no problem with my age. I'm not one of those people who gets depressed over birthdays each year. I think 30 was my favorite birthday by far! And I'm definitely very happy and content in my 30's. But it's still sometimes weird to me that I'm here. That time in my life that i dreamed of as a girl- having a family of my own. Life has gone by so fast, but I couldn't be more thankful for where God has me.

But ask me again when I'm 40.

1 comment:

Morgan Robinson said...

Haha! I love this post! How did we get to our 30's so quickly??? I was shopping for shorts the other day and the thought actually popped in my head...'Am I too old to wear these short shorts?'...probably. :)