She is sleeping pretty good at night, typically going close to 5 hours for the first stretch. We even had a 6 hour stretch two nights ago. Unheard of at this age in the Quinn house. I read Moms on Call last week and have tried implementing their schedule, and it seems to be working well so far! She is still eating every 2-3 hours during the day {with more 3 hr stretches lately}. Moms on Call has babies SC's age eating every 3 hrs during the day, but I am not stressing myself about that. But I am trying to stick to their night time routine. We typically try to bathe SC between 8:00 and 9:00, feed her right afterwards, and then put her down. So she usually eats at 9:00/9:30 pm, 2:00/2:30 am, then 5:00/6:00 am.
At 4 weeks {Monday} we introduced the bottle. At first she would not take it, but I quickly switched brands {we started with Think Baby and when she didn't like that I grabbed a Dr Brown's}, and she took it like a champ. So Dr Brown's it is for now! I actually tried to give her a little bottle on Sunday night because she did not nurse well and was being fussy. But the only thing I had clean were my Medela bottles that I pump into, and she would not take that at all. But for the last three nights we have given her a bottle right before bed and she has done well with it.
She loves being outside, so we spend a lot of our day rocking or swinging on the front porch or walking up and down the sidewalk when she's fussy, and we go for walks in the stroller most days.
She still likes her baths and it's a good way to kill time before her last feeding before bed.
She is the most smiley in the morning, and I could just eat her up! John caught this smile the other night when he got home from work. She kinda looks like a little old man when she smiles, but we sure think she's cute. :)
She is starting to get a little baby acne, po' thang, but it's not too bad yet.
We think she may have blue eyes like John. Of course it's still really too early to tell, but they are lighter than Curran's ever were.
She has the sweetest disposition, and even though she has gotten fussy at night, she is still so sweet most of the time. I feel like I just kiss on her all day long!
I had to take a picture with the pink bow that has welcomed both my girls home from the hospital. I left it up for a month after C was born, so I figure we will take it down this week. It has seen better days, so it's headed for the trash. But it lasted almost 3 years!
Happy 1 month Sallie Cate! We love you more than words can express! You have enriched our lives beyond measure and we feel so blessed to have you in our family!





3 comments:
Sallie Cate, we love you and thank God for your precious little life! Keep sleeping good for your momma! Mary Louis, I am proud of you! You are an awesome momma! Curran and Sallie Cate are so blessed to have you as their mother!
sweet little angel!
She is so adorable! I love her precious smile!!!
Post a Comment