Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, February 22, 2010

Our Weekend

We had such a nice relaxing weekend, and the weather was absolutely gorgeous! I wish it would stay like that, but I know we have lots more cold days ahead. On Saturday, I helped to host a bridal shower for my friend Anna. Here she is with some of the hostesses.






Then on Sunday we basically took it easy. We laid in bed and watched TV for a little while. I really don't like Curran to watch TV, but we have gotten into the habit of letting her watch some while we are getting ready for work in the morning. It's just easy to put her in our bed and have her be content for 15 minutes so we can get dressed. So Sunday morning Mickey Mouse Clubhouse was on so we watched it for a minute. I think John may enjoy it more than C.

Two peas in a pod




My mother in law drove through town and spent the night with us Saturday night, so we went to eat breakfast yesterday morning and then basically just worked in the yard and around the house the rest of the day. I got some plants for 50% off at Lowes, which I was pumped about. But I did stand there and debate for 10 minutes about whether or not I should buy clearance plants. I mean, I can basically look at a plant and it will die, so I didn't know if it was such a great idea to buy plants that already have one foot stem in the grave. Curran and I also went on an hour-long walk for the second day in a row. I seriously cannot wait for spring to get here! Sunny weather just makes me so happy! But little CQ was none too happy yesterday afternoon because she barely took any naps all day, so she had a bit of a 'tude for the rest of the day.

Then Christopher and Craig came over to eat dinner last night, so it was fun getting to visit with them. Uncle Craig got C nice and wound up before bed. He threw her up in the air so much (which she loves) that we she required a change of pj's after her dinner ended up all over them. Chris and Craig were in New Orleans Saturday night, so we dog-sat for them. I took Curran out to say hey to all the pups yesterday afternoon, and she thinks they are the funniest things ever. They won't even really be doing anything and she cracks up. So I let her pet them for the first time. I know some of you will probably think I'm weird for not letting her pet them until now, but I just freak out about the germs. I can't stand the thought of one of the dogs licking her. I know, I know...dogs' mouths are supposedly cleaner than humans'. Whatever. I don't buy all that jazz. I see what my dogs lick/eat (need I remind you of the squirrel incident), and it don't look too clean to me. So, um, yeah. No dogs licking babies in this house. But I did let her pet their ears, and all parties involved thought it was great. And then I immediately brought her inside and washed her hands (and where they licked her feet) with soap and water. I do think they will all get along when she gets a little older and can actually get out and run around with them.

No comments: