Here are some random things that happened today:
*Today I realized that Curran won't have a month "birthday" this month (the 30th). It really weirded me out for some reason. Too bad I already made her sign that says 7 Months Old February 30th, 2010. It took me 5 minutes of looking at the calendar to see when the 30th was to remember that there are only 28 days in February. I'm really not an airhead, but it's just been a really loooooong, tiring, and chaotic work week. The realization made me feel even sorrier than I already did for Leap Year babies.
*When a patient and his wife were finished with their appointment and were leaving, the wife came back and picked up a pen from my desk (at the new job, I work from and see patients at my cubicle). She stared at it and rolled it around between her fingers for what seemed like 5 minutes. So I said "You can have it if you want it." So she said a curt thanks, clicked the pen shut, pocketed it, and quickly walked off. All without making eye contact. It was weird. I mean, what else was I supposed to say. It made me laugh.
*John left the dogs inside this morning since it was pretty cold out, so I told him to move anything they could possibly tear up (they stay in our study). John went home over lunch to let them out, and I asked him if they had torn up anything. He said just a few photo albums. I thought he was kidding. But nope. The dogs got to, what else, the only album I have put together of pictures of Curran, as well as the album that had all her ultrasound pictures in it. I was furious. Luckily the photo album was ok (besides a few teeth marks), but they did ruin a few US pictures. Ughhh. Sometimes I wish we didn't have pets.
*When I was walking back to work after picking up lunch, I was passed by a bunch of fire trucks and an ambulance. Then I saw a man lying on the street corner. I was scared he had been hit by a car while crossing the street (it happened to a coworker of mine last year), but I asked some security guards who were nearby, and they said he tripped and knocked himself out when he fell. There was blood everywhere and it was scary. Poor little old man. Then I almost got hit by a car when the idiot driving was trying to look at the commotion and not yielding to pedestrians like he should have been.
*There are 4 employees total in my new clinic and three of them were out today. Yeppers, it was just me by myself. Luckily I have a sweet boss who came over and helped me out. Otherwise I would still be there.
*I'm glad tomorrow if Friday and I am off work. I am planning on making some baby food, so we'll see how that goes.
*When I went in to check on Curran earlier, she was asleep on her stomach! She has only rolled from her back to her stomach while she's in her crib (that I've seen anyway), but she usually flips right back. So I was shocked to see her asleep that way! But she only stayed that way for about 45 minutes. She was crying so I went in there and flipped her on her back (she only rolls well in one direction so she was stuck up against the side of the crib and couldn't move :) ).
How is that for random?
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment