Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Curran's Latest Gift

So before Valentine's Day gets too far away from us, I wanted to do a post about Curran's Valentine's gift from Aunt Chrissy and Uncle Craig (my sister and brother in law in case you didn't know). They got her another personalized book from this website, like they did at Christmas. This one is called Who Loves Curran? It is SO sweet, and I really love the illustrations!


This is how it starts:

Who loves Curran? 
Mama loves Curran! 
How much? 
So much! 
More than the mountains
more than the streams 
more than a little girl's happiest dreams. 

Who loves Curran? 
Daddy loves Curran! 
How much? 
So much! 
More than the galaxy
More than the moon
More than the nightingale
singing his tune.


And there is a page for each set of grandparents, all the uncles, and Aunt Chrissy and Uncle Craig got their own page. :) Then the last page says:

Dearest Curran,
Our love for you runs oceans deep and mountains high. 
It circles the sun and crosses the sky.
It reaches up to the stars and surrounds all the earth,
and has cradled you gently since the day of your birth.

I read it to Curran tonight and she loved it! Ok, well she loved touching the pages and trying to rip them from their spine, but I took that as a sign that she approved! :)

4 comments:

Emily Ferris said...

what a precious gift!!

Brooke Maedel said...

How sweet. Aunt Chrissy is going to have her spoiled rotten in no time! And that sounds exactly like book time at our house too. I have to make sure the sweet, special ones that people have given us and have written in are held very far away from M's grabby little hands. There are plenty of them that I let him drool, teeth and pull on, but some of them I want to keep intact!

Mary Louis Quinn said...

Oh I think Aunt Chrissy already has her spoiled rotten! :) I do let Curran chew on some of the cardboard books, but I try to keep the special ones out of her reach. But I have a feeling they will all look shabby in a few years anyway. :)

Mel said...

What a neat gift! I think I might have to get one of those for my new nephew! Good to see you last weekend!