Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day to the loves of my life!!
DSC03783

I have never really been too into Valentine's Day. Restaurants are too crowded and it's too hard to get reservations. I feel like the night always ends up being a bit of a let-down. John and I have celebrated 8 Valentine's Days together, and the first year we had reservations at 5:00 because he waited until the last minute to make plans. I do have to say it was probably my favorite valentines ever, though, because I was just so happy to be with him. And he gave me some really thoughtful gifts, too. Our last v-day before we were married, John was out of town on the actual day so we decided to celebrate the next night. He didn't make reservations anywhere, so we drove to several nice restaurants in town, but because it was Friday night we couldn't get in anywhere. And I got mad at him for not making any plans and called him unromantic. Little did I know he had picked out my engagement ring earlier that day (he didn't propose that night though). He still gives me a hard time for acting like a brat when he had been ring shopping earlier. But I didn't know that, so I still stand by my side of the argument. :) We didn't make any plans for this year because we figured it would be too hard to find a babysitter, so we are staying at home and probably getting take-out. Which is just fine by me.

We spent this morning watching Aunt Chrissy, Uncle Craig, Katharyn, and our friend Nancy run in the Mercedes Half Marathon, and Kat's husband John ran the whole marathon. I was so proud of them! I could never do it!

Here come Aunt Chrissy and Uncle Craig rounding the last turn before the finish!
IMG_2171

And here are the half marathon runners after they finished: Katharyn, Christopher, and Craig
IMG_2174

IMG_2182

Here we are waiting for John to run by...it was cold!
IMG_2271

And here comes John finishing the marathon! I think he has run like 7 or 8 marathons in the last 15 months (I have lost count)...he is amazing!
IMG_2288


All tuckered out...
IMG_2302

IMG_2258

5 comments:

Brooke Maedel said...

Yeah for Chris, Craig, Katharyn & John! I so wish we had been there for the marathon; we were planning on coming but decided not to at the last minute since M has been sick. Your little Valentine is so cute! :)

Emily Ferris said...

wow - so proud of the marathoners!! and C is getting oh sooo big!!!

Mary Louis Quinn said...

Brooke, either Kat or Chris told me that Erin and your mom did the half...is that right?? Good for them!!

Brooke Maedel said...

Yes, ML, they walked it. I think they finished in about 3 hrs 10 minutes. I think they were both pretty sore. I want to do it with them next year.

Lora G said...

I had no idea when I saw ya'll at Superior that half the table had just ran half/full marathons (it's all the same to me, because I'm not a runner). Anyway, I remembered that about C, and my sis said the same thing. Bring on the advice. I need it!