Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, November 30, 2009

4 Months Old


Curran is 4 months old today! It's crazy how fast time is flying by! I feel like I could start every month by saying, "I can't believe she is already __ months old!" So I'll try not to.

Curran had her 4 month checkup today and weighed 14 lbs (60th percentile) and was 24 3/4 in long (75th percentile). She got one oral vaccine and four shots, just like last month. She cried while she got the shots but quieted down as soon as I picked her up. Last time, she was very sleepy all day afterwards, but today, so far, she has been fussy and doesn't want me to put her down. But as I type she is finally asleep for a much needed nap.


Curran is getting very social and seems to change every day. She is such a cute and happy baby (most of the time), and it's almost hard to believe that she was ever colicky (sp). Curran enjoys grabbing her feet, and although she desperately wants to put them in her mouth, she can't quite get them there yet. Even though she has been "talking" for some time now, she has recently discovered that she likes the sound of her voice and says "ahhh" and "ehhh" at varying decibels all day long. It's cute for about a minute and then it gets a little irritating, especially on the car ride home yesterday.  :)  She loves putting anything and everything in her mouth, especially her hands. She still smiles all the time and has been laughing a little more often. She is still getting up to eat once during the night, despite a few teases of her sleeping through the night before I went back to work. We haven't started any solid foods yet, but we did get the ok from her doctor today, so we'll probably start sometime within the next few weeks.


Curran is growing so fast, and although I get sad that she is no longer a tiny baby, I am very much looking forward to the milestones ahead!

6 comments:

Brooke Maedel said...

I feel like I could have written this post almost verbatim. So funny. Glad (well, not glad for you that it's happening, you know what I mean) to hear that someone else is dealing with relapses in the sleeping through the night saga. Hang in there, get some rest!

Lora G said...

She is beautiful, first of all, and SO stylish ;). I'm glad to hear that you have almost forgotten about colic, because sometimes I feel like Zayd is going to cry forever! It's nice to know there is light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe the solids will help her sleep longer. Z also has teased us with the sleep thing, because he is back to his old ways. ha!

Katharyn said...

Curran- I can't believe you are 4 months old! Love the Christmas dress!

Sarah Denley said...

She's beautiful!

I awarded you something on my blog. I don't know if you have time/like to do these things. But if you do...can't wait to read your ten things!

Mary Louis Quinn said...

SD- I'm working on it now. It's turned into a long one. Thanks for the award! :)

Lora, I am hoping the solids will help the sleep. We'll see.

Brooke, I hope you're feeling better and that MKM is as well.

Emily Ferris said...

what a beauty! love her festive Christmas dress!