Leaving for the bday party.
The bday gal practicing her walking
I have been afraid C would learn to sit up before she learned to roll over because she hates tummy time, and I am bad about enforcing it, but when she was playing on Saturday she rolled from her back to her side, and may have kept going had that table leg not gotten in the way.
Playing in the exersaucer
This lasted about 2 minutes...
And Ole Miss beat Tennessee (whooop whooop) for the first time in like 100 yrs, so I got to take down the Tennessee flag in front of our house and put back up the American flag. Last Fall John and I had a battle over those darn flags. He would put the Tenn one up, and then I would take it down and put the American flag back up when he wasn't home. Then he would put his flag back up, and the cycle would repeat itself. This year I decided that I had neither the time nor the engery to worry about it, so that bright orange Tenn flag has been flying high all season. However, I decided if Ole Miss beat Tenn, the flag would come down. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure I told John about that deal, but he hasn't even noticed that the Tenn flag is gone yet, I don't think.
Last night was very nice and I felt like I was in a dream: Curran went down for the night at 7:15 without a fuss, John and I cooked filets and actually ate dinner before 9:00, and better yet we got to eat together; we sat at the dining room table like grown-ups instead of on the couch; and John even turned off the TV without me saying anything. It was lovely. But then I knew I was back to reality when John said "not it" on doing the dishes. I wanted to know when he had ever been "it."



4 comments:
ML, you crack me up!! so sweet! i loved getting to spend the weekend with aunt chrissy and uncle craig! hope to see y'all soon!
Ha, that is too funny! I feel like you have my baby just 2 months ahead!
Em, I know Chris and Craig had fun seeing you, too! I hope things in DC are going well! You need to come visit if you are going to be around during the holidays!
Lora, when I read your posts I do think that we have very similar babes just a few months apart! I always feel like a could write a book in response to yours posts about Zayd. When times are tough, it can be hard to imagine it will ever get better, but believe me by 3 months or so Zayd will be like a different baby and you will be so amazed! Of course, that doesn't mean he won't regress every now and then. :) But it sounds like you are doing great!!
ML, sorry for the regression...M still does that every now and then and it is so frustrating. It's almost harder now since we'd gotten used to him not doing it for a while...oh well.
M has started rolling to his side too, it's almost his default position these days. I put him on his back and he's over to his side before you can even blink.
Post a Comment