Seven years ago yesterday John and I had our first date. We had been friends for over a year before he asked me out, and on Tuesdays and Thursdays we had class in the same buidling, so we would always eat lunch together and then walk to class. One particular Thursday, he asked if I wanted to go out to eat that night. Even though the sparks had unexpectantly started flying a few weeks earlier when I went with him to one of his fraternity parties (we went as "friends" because I was Sweetheart of the fraternity so someone was obligated to take me to the party), I wasn't sure if he was asking me out on a date. For a few months John had been hanging out with my friends, going to church with us and going to out to eat. So when he asked me to dinner, I was hoping it was a date but was nervous that he would pick me up and ask where everyone else was. So I had my friends dressed and on stand-by just in case. But luckily it did turn out to be a date. After dinner we had to hurry back to campus because we both had intramural games to play in. Me: water polo, Him: volleyball. Very romantic. And the rest is history. Let's take a stroll down memory lane, shall we:
And yes, I do realize I look scary in most of these pictures. And yes, John does look very young. And no, I'm not sure why he doesn't wear his glasses anymore.
My graduation from BSC, 2003. He was still a young buck with two years left.
New Year's Eve 2004 (I think)
My graduation weekend from nursing school, 2005
We were in our friends Samantha and Paul's wedding, 2005.
4 comments:
I do the same thing with him. It's like, oh my God, it's been 7 hours, now it's been 8, he's going to wake up any minute. You know we have to play a recording of a hairdryer turned up as loud as it will go to keep him asleep too. Crazy, but it works. He's done it 2 nights in a row now, and I just keep praying he'll keep it up. You know C may be teething or something, because my sis has been going through some sleepless nights with hers and he's close to Curran's age. Oh well, till the next update, Happy Thanksgiving!
I tried your hair dryer trick earlier today but unfortunately it didn't work as well for us. But I will be trying it again! The washer and dryer are right outside her room so I usually have something going in the dryer when I put her to bed. I think she is teething and I think they go through a growth spurt (is that a word??) around this age, so maybe that does have something to do with it. Happy thanksgiving to yall!
I love the story about how you weren't sure it was a date or not ... aren't we all breathing a collective sigh of relief we no longer live in the netherworld that was BSC dating? :)
Post a Comment