I have been MIA from the blog and was starting to go through withdrawals, so I figured I better update. Work has been incredibly busy since I got back. I was kind of hoping I wouldn't have much to do and I could just sit in my office reading and writing blogs, but unfortunately that has not been the case. But the busy days have helped the time to go by much faster. It's hard to believe I only have two more weeks at my current job! Sometimes I get a little sad thinking about leaving, but then a minute later something will happen and I will be counting down the time until I am out of here. I don't do well with change, but I will be working with two people I have worked with before (one current coworker is moving to the other clinic with me, and another girl is an old coworker of mine), so that will be a lot of fun. There is a downside though-- well let me describe the clinic to you first. Currently the Coumadin Clinic has 4 employees: two nurses, a nurse practitioner, and a secretary. Yes, it is tiny. The NP I am replacing has decided to stay home with her kids. The two nurses both just got masters' degrees, so they are moving on to bigger things. So the only person left behind is the secretary. So it will be a big adjustment for the patients to have to get used to a whole new staff, and it will be a big adjustment for us to figure out what in the hell we are doing. So that it the downside. I worked over there some in the Spring while the NP was out on maternity leave, so I have a vague clue about what is going on, but there will still be some situations where I'm sure I won't know what to do. So it will be interesting to say the least.
Ok, now that you are all thoroughly bored, I will give you an update on Curran. Well after only 3 days of daycare (yes I know I said I call it school, but when I want to talk negatively about it, I will call it daycare), Curran got sick. I knew she would come down with all sorts of germies, but I didn't think it would be so soon. Let me back up and tell you how the evening started. I picked her up on Thursday and rushed home to feed and change her before we headed out to the Homewood Holiday Open House. For those of you that don't live in town, it is a fun night when all the shops in downtown Homewood stay open late and are all set up for Christmas. They have free food and drinks, which is, of course, the main reason I like to go. This year I saw that Arden (she did my sister's and best friend's wedding photos) was going to be taking pictures at one of the stores. I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to get Curran's picture for our Christmas card taken since our camera is a piece, so I was rushing to get there by 6. It was pretty cold outside, but in my haste I forgot to get C's hat or blanket. While we were waiting for Arden to get there, C started coughing and was breathing audibly. By the time we got home, she sounded like an 80 year old man who had smoked for 60 years. Well ok, not that bad, but pretty rough nonetheless. So I guess one could argue whether the illness was from daycare or my own negligence. My friend Katharyn did have an extra fleece we wrapped C up in, so I think she was fine. So I'm blaming the germs at daycare.
I spent Friday researching humdifiers. I asked the advice of people around the office because I had no idea what to look for (warm mist vs.cool mist, etc), and it seemed like most people had to go through several different humdifiers before they found one they liked. I was determined not to do that. We went to Babies R Us after work to get one, and wouldn't you know it, I hate the darn thing. I can't even tell if it's working. It wasn't until Saturday that I read on the box that it had an "invisible" mist. So I guess that explains why there was no mist coming out. C seems to be doing much better, so maybe it did work. Or maybe the cold just ran its course. The good thing about Curran being sick is that she seemed to be more tired, so she slept pretty good. :)
Now that you are all completely bored by this random post, here are some pictures from the weekend:
On Saturday afternoon we went over to Katharyn's parents' house to visit, and her nephew Connor was there too. He and Curran are 11 days apart.
Curran wanted to snuggle, but Connor was having none of it.
This is not a good picture, but it perfectly illustrates what Aunt Chrissy does to C's hair that totally gets on my nerves. She loves to smooth her hair forward making it greasy and look a little like Lloyd Christmas. Christopher knows it gets on my nerves, but it's like her hand has a mind of its own. I will look over and Chris will have that hand perched up there ready to go, and she'll see me giving her the evil eye, so she will jerk it down. It's gotten to be quite funny, although as I type this, I'm sure yall think I'm weird for caring about something so stupid.
Another from the visit with the Kellums
Chris and Craig got a new camera, so they were experimenting with the settings.
Uncle Craig loves C's face in this picture, but unfortunately he zoomed in on my big schnoze (sp).
Whew...it only took me 4.5 hrs to get that written and posted.










2 comments:
Oh how I love these two babies! They are so precious!
Oh, I have so much to say on this post. Should probably just write you an e-mail in response, but I'll try to be brief here instead. First, Mitchell got his snotty nose on Friday and still has the chest rattle. Thanks, daycare. Second, I don't know what kind of humidifier to get either. Third, John does the same thing with Mitchell's hair, and it drives me crazy too. I HATE when it looks greasy. I know you aren't supposed to bathe them every day when they are this young, but I could wash his hair every day because the greasy hair drives me crazy. It is a test of my patience to wait until every other night to wash it. She's a doll!
Post a Comment